Chapter 4

I waited

And waited

And waited.

And after 20 minutes of complete silence, no werewolf barging in, ripping apart my dress while forcing me down on the bed, I finally felt safe enough to stand up.

I looked around the room. The massive bed with ruffled up sheets and duvets, a plasma tv mounted at the wall in front of the bed, the two doors on both sides of the TV, a double wooden door at the same wall as the headstand of the bed (my guess would be a closet) and of course ... the floor-to-ceiling windows like downstairs, the only difference being that now that I was an entire floor further up, and could now see even further.

My breath left my lungs at the beautiful view for a second, before my mind found me once again.

Focus, get out of here, do not die.

I eyed the first of the two doors suspiciously. I get it, he's rich and powerful, he probably has his own bathroom... but what the hell would the second room be for?

A various collection of images started filling my head, everything from the most awful torture rooms to a red room of pain. Oh dear, Grey sounded bad enough the way he is, no reason to add murderous werewolf to his list of imperfections.

I took a deep breath and headed to the door, disposing of my shoes on the way. Lord would know how he'd react if I made dents in the floor with the heels. I wrapped my hand around the simple modern door handle and pushed the door open.

The room was dark, but in here there were no curtains, so enough moonlight shone in so that I could clearly see a large desk with a luxurious office chair behind it, and large bookshelves along the walls of the room. More books.

I walked barefoot into the room, feeling along the wall to turn on the lights. I touched a pad that was not rough like the rest of the wall, and the light lit up slightly. When I brushed my fingers against it again, the lights dimmed, and when I stroked my hand upwards, it lit up again. Up means more light, down means less light, gotcha.

A warm breeze caressed my bare feet, making me look to the windows. I furrowed my brows, before noticing that one of the windows had a handle, and was creaking open out towards a balcony.

I looked over my shoulder towards the bedroom and bit my lip, before stepping forwards and walking out on the balcony.

Not bothering to check out the view that I had spent most of the evening ogling at, I headed straight for the glass fence around the balcony and bent my back to look down. Two pillars were holding op the balcony but the surface looked completely smooth, so that wasn't an option.

My eyes shifted to the pool on the terrace. I could jump down there if I reached it of course, but then again, there were just about a hundred werewolves just 20 meters away, so there would be no chance that they wouldn't hear the splash and check out what was going on by the pool.

One option left then.

My heart sunk in my chest. I'd most definitely die. Without a doubt. It'd probably be painful too, with blood and guts everywhere. Well, at least mom and dad wouldn't have to pay for a casket. All that'll be left of me would fit into a Tubberware container. Or something the same size, the Tubberware is the only fairly nice things my mom owns.

I walked back through the office and into the bedroom once again, taking in a deep breath. I went up to the door leading out to the hallway, pushing it open carefully to make sure it wouldn't creak.

I peaked my head out to the hallway, holding my breath. Okay, here goes nothing. I stepped out, still barefoot, and listened carefully to the sound of any footsteps, closing the door behind me when I heard none.