Chapter 24

That's a pretty good song though^^^^

Super duper mega sorry about the ridiculously long wait for the update, I've done my best to write, and this is actually one and a half page more than usual, but as you will probably be able to tell from the shite-ness of this chapter... I've had like half a writer's block, and just scraping by to finish this chapter. But here we go, now we can get on with the story- love you guys more than anything, with all my heart- and I always will!

***

"Papa, please, wait for me!"

I'm running and running after him, but he just keeps walking away, he doesn't stop, it doesn't even look like he can hear me.

Mom's right next to him. Mom, stop him! Tell him to wait!

She turns to him, whispers something in his ear. He turns slowly. He's angry, his eyes are cold. I run to him. Papa, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please don't leave me, I love you, Dad, I love you, I'm sorry.

His eyes stay cold. You have that thing, you don't need me anymore. He turns around and starts walking again.

Of course, I do, papa, I need you, I always will, papa, please don't leave me!

He scrunches his nose. As if I smell bad. As if he doesn't want to look at me. But I don't need you. Go back to that thing, and never talk to me again, ever.

"NO!"

My eyes flew open, revealing the mostly dark room, only lit up by the dim moonlight making its way through the spaces between the curtains. I wrapped my arms around my legs, pulling my knees all the way up to my face, sobbing into them.

He'll hate me, he'll hate me forever and he'll never want to talk to me again.

I wasn't really sure why, or even how, but the next minute, I was staring at the white door in front of me, my hand hesitating just an inch from the surface.

If he wants me to leave, he can tell me. I knocked on the door twice, my eyes immediately finding their way to the floor. Maybe I should just leave... this is kind of weird, isn't it? Yeah, I should most definitely leave.

The second before I could turn around, the door was opened. "Love, what's wrong?"

I pressed my lips together, trying to keep my eyes locked on the floor, but I could still feel them watering. I tried to speak, my throat closing when I did. With a clenched fist, I sucked in a deep breath. "I... I think... my dad ha-hates me," I whispered, my knees buckling in under me from the pain washing through my body, burning like fire in my veins.

Before I could even hit the floor, Allen already had his arms wrapped around me, carrying me over to the bed.

"Love, I don't think you have to worry- I can't imagine anyone, especially your father, hating you. He's probably just... upset. And worried. Don't worry, Paige, I'm sure it'll pass soon enough, alright?" he gently ran his hand over my cheek, wiping away tears and hair from my face, before wrapping his arms around me and hugging me close.

I shook my head against his chest. "No... he's never... he's never been mad a-at me li-like this bef-fore, I... I do-don't think that I-I ca-can f-f-fix this..." I gasped and hiccuped against him, my speech becoming completely un-understandable.

He pressed his lips against my forehead, pulling me just a bit closer. "Shh, Paige, my Love, relax, take a deep breath," he whispered into my hair, humming the song, the same one he'd hummed the last time he was comforting me. I nodded against him, trying to slow my breathing, to match the tune of the lullaby. It was... surprisingly comforting. "Just caaaalm down, Love, I'm right here, no need to cry, shhh..." he'd only stop his humming to repeat that sentence, or ones very similar to it, over and over again every time I'd fall back into hysterics. All the while he'd keep stroking my hair, humming, and giving me gentle squeezes here and there.