Chapter 7

I swallowed hard as the doctor and nurses left the room, Alpha Allens back still facing me. A shiver went down my spine at the sight of his tightened fist, the veins popping out. Time stood still as I just looked at his hand, waiting for him to turn around and break the few bones that hadn't already been broken in my body.

Then, his fist finally released itself, and so did the breath I'd been holding. My eyes moved to my fingers as he turned around, and I felt my heart beating faster with every step he took closer to me.

I stopped breathing when I could feel the warmth of his breath on my cheek. Gentle fingertips appeared under my chin, softy guiding my face up and slightly to the left. Ice covered my entire body at the sight of his yellow eyes, a small muscle in his jaw flexing.

He glared at me for a minute, before a low, threatening growl left him. Tears welled up in my eyes at the sound, and suddenly, his eyes back to brown, as a concerned frown covered his face. He cupped my cheek, staring into my eyes before he slowly pulled away.

He stood up straight, except for his eyes that were fixated on the floor.

"I will call Alpha Elriam ... arrange for your parents to come visit you,"

I sat up straight as hope struck me. "Really? I get to see them? Face to face?!"

His eyes connected with mine, and for a short second, I saw adoration swarm his eyes. He smiled softly, nodding. "Of course, I promised you that I'd arrange for your parents to visit you, then I'll arrange for them to visit you. I don't break my promises, I can tell you as much."

He walked out, the door closing behind him. I sat alone, in silence - besides the heart monitor of course. I glanced at the clock, and then around the room once again.

A closed laptop sat atop the dining table, a small flower vase with some generic plant placed right next to it. I looked back at the flowers on my bedside table, the card attached to one of the petals calling me to it like the song of a siren. But I won't die at the bottom of the ocean.

And yet...

I let my fingers brush over one of the navy blue petals, being careful as to not make my fingers even get close to the little paper card. My hand moved on, to one of the white roses, spreading out the petals with my thumb. They were beautiful in their simplicity.

"I chose blue flowers because of your dress, the color goes very well with your skin - it makes you look even more gorgeous than you already are,"

I squeaked and whipped my head around fast enough to break my own neck at the sound of his voice. He was standing in front of the door, his head slightly bending to the right. Again, that... that expression in his eyes, like he was looking at his favorite animal at the zoo.

He apologized for startling me, while walking up to my bedside and motioning to sit down, his eyes scanning the bed briefly before he did.

I didn't answer, out of fear that whatever would leave my mouth would be the wrong answer.

His hands softly held around the right side of my face, his thumb gently brushing over the skin underneath my eye, a concerned look taking over his face. "Does it hurt?" he whispered, looking at me with ... the best word I could describe it with would be 'heartbreak' in his eyes.

For the first time since I'd woken up, I actually bothered to shut down my thoughts and feel what was going on in my body, deeply regretting it the same second I did.

My face, my arm, my chest, even my foot hurt. Everything was hurting. Pain sprung from every damn part of my body I could think of - except one, which told me that Alpha Allen at least had a slight hint of consideration for me - or at the very least, no necrophilic tendencies.*