Chapter 46

!!!!ATTENTION!!!!

I just wanna put a trigger warning here; there will be vague mentioning of $egsual a$$ault in this chapter. I'll be putting some hearts before, to make sure you won't read it by accident.

I love you, and remember to respect your own boundaries and mental health

Also, get ready for ~drama~

***

And so we had dinner, and within five minutes of dinner beginning, I... spilled sauce on my shirt. My white shirt. I excused myself from the table, and headed upstairs

I walked into my walk-in closet in my room, but froze when I heard the sliding doors move behind me. I turned to find my mother standing in the doorway, a concerned look on her face. "Hi sweetie,"

"Oh, uh, hi, mom," I said, unbuttoning my shirt and throwing it in the hamper, shifting through my other shirts. What does she want? This can't be good.

"Honey, can I talk to you for a moment?"

With a deep breath, and unbuttoned, I turned around. "Sure mom, what do you want to talk about?"

She didn't answer, but just stared at me as I slowly buttoned my shirt. And then it clicked, and I looked down at myself. My chest was covered in dark markings, little business cards Allen had left me after our little chummy time in the shower this morning. Fuck. "Uh, mom, I... they're not bruises, don't worr-"

"Sweetie, I know what a hickey looks like, and... I don't need you to explain. This was... actually what I wanted to ask you about,"

I gulped and took a seat on the ottoman in the middle of the room, patting on the spot next to me. She took a seat, and took a deep breath. "Mom, I promise, it's really not-"

"Paige, you know that you can tell me anything, right?"

I stilled at her question. My immediate reaction was a hard no. But a part of me had a feeling that she wouldn't be too pleased with that answer. And another part also really wished that it was true. "Yeah, I guess," I mumbled.

She nodded, taking another deep breath. "Paige, I'm not asking to make you uncomfortable, or to shame you or make you feel bad, but I'm your mother, and I care about you, and I just want to make sure that you're... being safe, and not doing anything you don't want to..." oh god no, why me-he-he-he-heeee?!

"What I'm asking is... Paige, sweetie, are you and Allen having sex?"

Why? I took a deep breath, looking down at my feet. I considered lying. Considered being sarcastic. "We... we haven't had... intercourse," I finally said. That's a nice, mom safe way to say.

She stayed silent for a moment. "So... you and Allen have begun... exploring...?"

I nodded, still looking away.

She sighed. "I suppose it was going to happen at some point or another... well, I'm glad you told me. But I just need to know... you're not doing anything you're not comfortable with, right, sweetie? That's really all I care about. Sex... it's natural, and nothing to be ashamed of, but it should be done... eagerly. And freely and willingly, and, you know consensually,"

I let out a little laugh. "Mom, we had this talk when I was 12..."

She stroked my arm. "Yeah, but when you were 12 you didn't have a boy... man... mate in your life. You do now,"

Staring at my hands, I licked my lips. "Everything that goes on between me and Allen, is with clear consent, freely given. He loves me. He'd never make me do anything I didn't want to, and I would never make him do anything he's not comfortable with,"