Singapore

Packing was always a difficult task for you mainly because you were an over-packer. You never knew how much of something you should bring or what you should bring since weather and plans can change easily without warning.

So you packed. A lot. And you did it vigorously because you waited until the last minute. You heard your buzzer go off signaling Elliot's arrival. He was to take you to Kylo's before he drove you both to the jet together. You ran through your apartment to your buzzer.

"I'll be right down! Give me a few more minutes."

"Of course, miss," he responded and you hurried back into your room to finish as quickly as you could. Once you were satisfied enough you zipped up your suitcase, hugged Poe goodbye, and met Elliot by the car.

Kylo had said your trip to Singapore would only last a few days but you were still anxious about going to a completely new place. And this was going to be a much longer flight than you were used to. You were nervous, to put it lightly, but as Elliot drove to Kylo's, you felt a calm feeling wash over you. Though there were many anxieties about the trip, you knew who you were going with. You knew Kylo's presence alone would make you feel better.

So when you walked into his penthouse your smile was big and wide, excited to start this adventure with him. He, however, was on the phone and didn't return your same enthusiasm.

"No, I told you the deadline was today. How much clearer did I need to be?" His tone was raised and he was on the verge of shouting as he paced back and forth.

He paused to listen to whoever was on the other end of the phone.

"Well we need to get it done, it needs to be out today!" He yelled through the tiny phone that looked so much smaller in his large hands.

Another pause listening to the other end. You were beginning to wonder if you'd even get to Singapore.

"Fine," he huffed as he hung up his phone.

"Sorry about that," he said walking towards you as you pushed up on your tippy-toes for a kiss. He gave you a light peck on the lips before speaking.

"I have to stop at the office before we go, things are a mess."

"That's ok," you said, content that he would be getting this work frustration out before you left for your trip.

He grabbed his bags and motioned for you to head out the door so he could lock up. Elliot was waiting for you both, taking Kylo's bags out of his hands so he could continue texting furiously on his phone.

"I need to stop at the office first Elliot."

"Yes sir," Elliot responded, packing his things and getting into the driver's seat.

The drive to the office was quick and Kylo had been anxious to get there the whole ride. His job put a lot of stress on him but you knew he loved the thrill of it all.

"I'll only be a few minutes," he said stepping out of the car. You followed him and he looked at you slightly confused.

"You don't have to come up."

"No it's ok, there's someone I need to talk to," you said, giving him a smirk of a smile which he immediately returned understanding what you needed to do.

You hadn't had the chance to confront the receptionist after New Year's Eve. Her words had stung but you weren't going to let her really get to you. You were confident in your relationship with Kylo, you were confident in yourself. You weren't going to let someone who is just clearly jealous get away with treating you like that.