Time With You

Kylo had started taking you out more and more. He took you all over the city, taking you places you had never been before.

He kept surprising you.

At this point, he knew almost everything about you, but he was still a mystery to you. No matter how many times you asked questions, he would deflect and redirect so you were talking about you instead of him.

You could tell he was softening around you but just on the exterior. His eyes weren't as hard, his touch wasn't as reserved, and the tension in his shoulders was all but gone.

He still kept lots to himself on the inside. You hoped in time, he would trust you enough with his secrets, his hardships, his demons.

Something about him though, made you spill your own heart. You rarely ever open up fully to people but with him, you felt safe to do so. It felt strange, scary...vulnerable. A feeling inside you told you he would guard your heart with everything he had. But you were still afraid of the "what ifs."

What if- he leaves?

What if- he doesn't want me anymore?

You found yourself thinking these things as Elliot drove you to Kylo's. You had agreed to do dinner in tonight because he was swamped with work. You told him it wasn't necessary, that if he were busy, you would just see him tomorrow but, he insisted. He had said he wanted to see you.

How could you say no?

So, when he answered the door busy on the phone and you saw his figure relax just by seeing your face, it was worth it.

He gave you a small smile as he continued talking on the phone, pacing the space of the room, and you made your way towards the kitchen. Elliot had asked if you wanted to order out, that it didn't matter to Kylo and that he probably wouldn't eat anyway. You didn't feel right having something delivered for just yourself so, you told Elliot you'd talk it over with Kylo. What he didn't know was that you planned on making dinner yourself.

You were always a good cook. You had to learn when you were young. Your mother didn't do a lot of anything after your dad passed, she was stuck in a funk for a while and it was up to you to provide for Poe. You cooked meals every day and eventually got really good at it.

You loved that Kylo always had a fully stocked kitchen. Though he didn't cook himself, there was always enough food and ingredients to make a meal. You saw him retreat to his office and quickly got to work.

He emerged just when you were finishing up with the most confused look on his face.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I made dinner."

"You know we could've just ordered out." You grabbed the full plates and walked towards him getting on your tippy-toes, your recent sign to him that you wanted a kiss. He leaned down and placed a deep warm kiss on your lips before you walked over to the table and placed the plates down on either side.

"I know, but I kind of just felt like cooking," you said, gesturing for him to sit down.

"Well if it tastes anything like you do, I'm sure it's incredible," he said, placing another peck on your lips trying to savor the flavors that still lingered on your lips from taste testing the food. "But I really shouldn't I've got lots of work to do."

"Um no, I made you dinner and you're going to eat it." You grabbed his hand and led him towards his seat. Reluctantly he sat down. You watched as he took his first bite of the filet you cooked.

"You made this?" he asked in disbelief after he finished chewing.

You just smiled and took a bite for yourself. Most of the dinner consisted of Kylo checking his phone every few minutes and texting like his fingers were touching fire.