Skip the Pleasantries

It had been two long weeks since your encounter with Kylo Ren and two weeks without hearing from him at all. Your heart panged every time you saw or felt one of the bruises he had left on your hips because they were small reminders of him, of his touch. You had walked out of his office in full confidence, buzzing from the experience you had just had with him but when you got back to the office reality hit you hard and you started to regret giving him your business card at all. At the moment you thought it had been a good idea that it would have shown him you were confident, strong, and could wield just as much power as him. But the more you thought about it the sicker you began to feel. Had he laughed once you had left? Had he thought, Why would this girl think I would actually want to see her again?

You had told Rey about the encounter that night. You couldn't resist, you honestly just had to talk about it, about how good it was.

"You did what now," Rey had said. She was shocked of course. She knew you found him attractive but she also knew you thought he was an asshole.

"I know! But Rey it was so good. Like the best I'd ever had, the man is packing if you know what I mean."

She had just smiled. Your best friend was happy that you were happy and that was all that mattered to her. "So are you like dating him or?"

You huffed out a laugh. "Definitely not, he was practically shoving me out the door but I did give him my business card in case he felt like seeing me again."

"Oooh I'm liking the confidence," she said supportingly. No matter what Rey was always there to back you up. She knew you so well, she knew about your confidence issues and how you struggle sometimes accepting who you are as a person and the way you look. You had never been a "skinny" girl and you always struggled by comparing yourself to others. You've gotten better over the years thanks to Rey. She made you aware that even the "skinny" girls find flaws in themselves too but that every single body is beautiful and should be appreciated for how unique and special it is. Rey was such a positive light in your darkness and you will always be thankful to have her in your life.

"Well we'll see if he takes the bait but I doubt he will, I'm nothing special." Rey had glared at you after that comment and pulled you in for a tight hug and cuddle session while watching one of your favorite movies, Bridget Jones's Diary.

About halfway into week two, you gave up any hope you had of him contacting you. Sure you could have sent him an email but he certainly wasn't the type to take orders and you certainly didn't want to come across as desperate. So you waited and waited and when you heard nothing you started to believe that this time you really would never see him again.

It was a cool Saturday afternoon as you ran out of your apartment down the street to your favorite Chinese take out place to grab some lunch. Poe was with Finn for the weekend and Rey was busing prepping for a role she was going to be auditioning for. You had the weekend to yourself and you thought a self-care day was in order. You planned to eat your favorite foods, drink lots of wine, watch your favorite, sappiest movies, and eat an entire gallon of ice cream to forget about the ache in your heart every time you thought about never seeing Kylo Ren again. You had to get over it. The guy just wanted to get laid and you happened to be available and willing.

You were about halfway through your quart of shrimp lo mein when your phone buzzed beside you. It was from an unknown number texting just an address and a time. You opened your phone to look at the text and a contact suggestion came up for the unknown number.

Maybe "Kylo Ren"

If his plan was to stay anonymous it didn't work. But he was a tech nerd, right? Wouldn't he anticipate the phone to do that? Maybe he wanted you to know?