Matched

*1 Year Later*

You stood in front of the mirror, all dressed up. A black dress that hugged your curves and black pumps. Your hair fell down your face in loose curls. You took a deep sigh. You really didn't recognize the person staring back at you.

-

-

-

It had been a year since you'd been in the coma. It had been a weird experience for sure. A scary one that made you watch your back more than you ever had before. You had to look out for yourself. Now more than ever because now, you were truly alone. You didn't have a big, strong, brooding mountain to protect you and look after you anymore.

You didn't remember much about being taken. You had been hit on the head really hard and immediately blacked out. When you woke up you were at the hospital. The doctor had said you'd been in a coma for weeks. But to you, it didn't feel like weeks. It just felt like a long sleep.

When you heard the word coma your heart raced and your mind immediately went to Kylo. To Poe and to Rey. Were they okay? Did they know you were okay? Were they worried? Was he worried?

Not enough apparently.

You hadn't seen or heard from Kylo since he walked out the door of your hospital room last year. You had cried for weeks, feeling ashamed that you even let it get to you that much. He had been cruel. Breaking up with you after you just woke up from a coma. You felt so lost for weeks. Not knowing what you did wrong. It took you a while to realize that you had done nothing wrong. That you weren't the problem. It was him. His excuse was that you couldn't be safe with him anymore but you never felt more afraid without him. He pushed you away because he was scared. Or maybe it was because he never truly wanted you in the first place and it was easier for him to break it off while you were weak. While you couldn't fight back.

You had to stop thinking he made a mistake. That he'd realize what he did was stupid, that he did love you. Because you refused to just wait around and hope that he'd call. He had told you it was over. So, that's how you took it. It was over. And you'd never see Kylo Ren again.

It took you a long time to accept that. A long time. But, you finally managed to do so. To somewhat move on. You still thought of him though. Every once in a while thinking how he might be. What he might be up to. Who he might be with now. You would think of him in the late nights when sleep was far from your mind. When your body tossed and turned and wouldn't let you rest. You thought of him in the small things. When you got Chinese takeout. When you took a bath. When you kissed someone else and it never felt the same as him.

And Rey had been there for you more than anyone and she understood. She knew you inside and out and always knew what you needed. That's why, when she saw you starting to crumble, to fall into that dark pit you often went to, she knew it was time to do something other than order takeout and watch sad, romantic movies.

She wanted to get you out of the apartment. She had finished filming but was still enjoying the fame high. She would hang out with her co-stars almost every weekend but she was still a great friend to you, never neglecting you when you needed her. So, she figured tonight she would take you out. A bunch of her friends were set to meet at one of the local bars and she was determined to take you with her.

It took a lot of convincing because you weren't even in the mood to get dressed in decent clothes let alone try to look nice. But you finally did because Rey can be very persuasive when she wants to be. You went and you tried to have fun. When you felt thoughts of him creeping back into your mind, you drank to push them away.

And that was where you ran into Dak.

You'd been at the bar ordering drinks when he approached you, hesitant. You didn't hear him at first but when you did, your slightly buzzed self smiled and willingly started a conversation. He was still cute. Nowhere near Kylo, but who could ever be. You were surprised to run into him after all these years.