Moonlight in Vermont

Work was not really the right move today but you had so much to do, so you went in any way. The piles started stacking up on your desk as your focus and thoughts were elsewhere. You couldn't stop thinking about your weekend.

You had woken up the next morning after Halloween in the bed covered with black silk sheets. The same one you had slept in the previous nights you had stayed at Kylo's. You woke up with a pounding headache, alone, and thoughts foggy about the events that occurred the night before. What you could remember was the fun you had with your friends, Kylo almost beating a man to death, and you falling asleep not where you woke up. He must have carried you upstairs.

You thought about him carrying your limp, sleep-induced body, laying you gently on the bed, trying not to wake you. Him hovering, fighting the urge to crawl in beside you, and hold you in his arms. When you woke up you noticed the unfamiliar look of a blanket draped over the only chair in the room. Had he sat there all night?

You had hoped he would be there when you woke up but he wasn't. Gone again. Though he did have Elliot bring you breakfast before he took you home. You had spent most of your Sunday sleeping off the hangover getting zero work done and leaving it all for today.

You slapped your cheeks a little to wake yourself up and shake the thoughts from your mind so you could focus on work. But it was like the universe knew. Your phone buzzed with a text from Kylo.

What's your address?

Straight and to the point. As usual. No hello, how are you?

You texted him back and gave him what he asked for but your curious mind wouldn't let him get away with it that easy.

Why?

You texted back.

Surprise.

That was all he said. You didn't think of Kylo as the "surprise" kind of guy and were a bit nervous as to why he so suddenly wanted to know where you lived. You found yourself hoping that he wasn't a closeted serial killer for a second before you quickly debunked that thought in your mind.

As you continued trudging on with your work, memories from your conversation with Kylo that night started to become clearer.

You're mine

The words had made your whole body shiver. Belonging to someone was always something you longed for. You were independent and strong on your own but your heart craved that kind of connection with someone. A connection so deep and so strong that you have no other choice than to be that person's, completely.

But you remembered your words to him before.

"You can't get all possessive of me if this is just about sex."

You wondered if he was going to respect your wishes.

-

-

-

-

When you came home from work you entered your apartment to a smiley Poe.

"What's your deal?" You asked him.

"Someone got a package," he giggled.

"What do you mean," you asked, raising a brow. You put your things down and searched the living area of your apartment with your eyes for said package.

"When I got home this huge package was sitting by the door," he laughed, "It had your name on it so I put it in your room."

You looked at him confused. You hadn't ordered anything. He motioned for you to go in and look at it. He was just as anxious to see what it was as you were.