A Broken Melody

Kylo had texted you almost every night the next few weeks. You had gone over to his penthouse just like before only this time, Kylo's driver, Elliot was in charge of picking you up and taking you back home. It was kind of him to offer you his driver so you wouldn't have to constantly be paying for an Uber. You would go to his place at the same time every night, not a minute earlier. Things went practically identical to the first night. You would greet one another, he would offer you a drink, and then he'd lead you to the bedroom, and afterward, you would leave.

But each night you tried to ask him a question while you were having your drink. Even though this was an arrangement and not a relationship didn't mean you didn't want to get to know him. You could tell he was agitated by your questions and your almost constant prying into his life but it didn't stop you. You were curious about the young entrepreneur millionaire who spoke Gucci and ran a tech empire. Behind the brooding man and the thick walls he so clearly had built up around him, was a man of mystery, someone you were desperate to know, someone who you felt you might have a real connection to.

You had also been super busy at work. You had been praised by your boss and the higher-ups for your work on both of Kylo's pieces. It seems that in a way he really helped launch your career. You were getting assigned more and more pieces every day. Things were really going great for once, even your friends could see it.

At family dinner, they couldn't stop asking you about Kylo and your new arrangement. They all were so supportive of you doing this for you but Rey being the amazing friend she is, still made sure to look out for you by asking the important questions. She wanted to make sure you weren't going to get attached to something that might have no future. She wanted to ensure that you didn't get hurt.

-

-

Today you had gotten a big project at work that you were over the moon about. You were so happy that people were starting to appreciate you as an artist and you were thankful that they had given you the opportunity to do what you love every day. The project had taken up most of your day so you were not able to check your phone at all. It was currently 6:00 pm as you finished up your edits and sent them to your boss. You finally had time to check your phone and saw you had a text from Kylo. He wanted to see you tonight. You really didn't feel like going back to your apartment then having to get back in the car to go to his penthouse.

You texted him back and told him you had just finished up at work and hadn't left the office yet.

"Hey, sorry big day at work today! I'm still at the office but I really don't feel like going back to my apartment only to just go out again. Do you think you could have Elliot pick me up at work?"

"You want to stay at your office until 8:30 at night?"

"Well I was thinking maybe I could come earlier tonight if that's alright with you"

"Ok."

Kylo Ren wasn't a texter. That much was clear but he wasn't really even a communicator the more you thought about it.

You walked out of the office and waited just outside the door. You needed some fresh air after being cooped up in the office all those hours. The air was crisp and cool as you breathed it in. You could smell the sweet, meaty scent of pizza being made at the shop across the street. A gust of wind nipped at your face and you bundled your coat and scarf up more to protect you from its icy feel. While you waited you pulled out your phone to check your social apps. Suddenly an eerie feeling crept up your body. You had a feeling someone was watching you. You quickly looked up from your phone and took in your surroundings. There was no one around.