Come Back. Be Here.

After you told Kylo about Hux and everything he said to you, he was in such a rage you were scared for Hux when he left the penthouse in the morning. You knew Kylo. You knew he wouldn't let this slide and make Hux pay for what he did. And if anyone could put Hux in his place, it was Kylo.

But he was his own man. You couldn't control him and you didn't want to. So, you went into work, your personal security still with you, and tried hard not to think about what he might be doing to him at the current moment. Or how much trouble you could possibly get in at your job. Hux was powerful. He had connections. And he could see to it that you never got another shoot in your life.

Your boss had heard from one of your team members about what happened at your shoot. She had asked to talk to you first thing and you weren't sure how much trouble you'd already be in for skipping work and not calling in. Jo was very nice about the situation. She apologized for the way you were treated. She was disgusted about it. But she also had to be your boss and remind you that no matter how you're feeling, if you aren't coming into work you need to let someone know. You apologized to her for not doing so and for the position that put her in.

With that confrontation out of the way and you still managing to keep your job, you busied yourself with editing. You were so grateful you weren't in charge of editing your shoot with Hux. You didn't know if you could even look at him again.

You always felt a little tired and groggy getting back into things after you had an episode. But you pushed yourself to work and to talk to your co-workers.

While you were on your break, Rey texted and asked if she could bring you lunch. She used to be the only person who really knew how to help you when you were having awful mental days. But now you couldn't say that anymore knowing how well Kylo took care of you. You texted her back and told her to meet you in the lobby of your building. You knew seeing her would lift your spirits.

Rey was waiting for you with your favorite diner food and a big smile on her face. You gave her a tight hug before grabbing the bag of food from her hands.

"How are you?" You asked as you walked her over towards the table in the lobby that sat next to a big window. The two of you sat down before Rey even answered. She simply looked at you with that unconvinced look, a hint of deep concern in her eyes.

"How are you?" She asked eyebrow raised. You sighed knowing what she was getting at. You took out the to-go boxes from the bag and handed hers over to her. You opened your own, grinning at the BLT, curly fries, and cheesecake that was there before you.

"I'm fine. Really. It was just a couple of bad days. You know I always bounce back." You kind of brushed off the subject. You were never really one to talk about your problems. You knew that people had their own things going on. That there were problems out there bigger than your own. Even though Rey had always made you feel comfortable talking about the things that bothered you, it was just sometimes hard for you to bring it up. Especially after you already told one person. Having to hear the events told by your own voice was not something you wanted to do at the moment.

"Kylo called me. He told me what happened and said you might need a friend. You know you never have to feel pressured to talk to me if you don't want to. But I will always be here for you. And when you're ready to talk, I'll always listen without judgment."

You took her hand and squeezed it, smiling and seeing the kindness in her eyes. "Thank you," you spoke softly. "I know you are because you are an amazing friend. I don't know what I'd do without you."

She smiled and you couldn't help but feel warm inside. Rey was always known for having a bright and warm smile. Sometimes it was the only thing you wanted to see on these kinds of days.