Agony

You woke up earlier than your alarm. You hadn't gotten much sleep, all you could think about was that note. And Kylo. Or Ben? Whoever he was, he wasn't far from your mind even though you were desperately trying not to think of him.

Rey finally had a free day from shooting and asked to meet you for coffee. You had so much to catch her up on and you were excited to hear how filming was going for her. You got yourself dressed and headed to the café. You were early this time, Rey hadn't even arrived yet, so you sat in your favorite booth and ordered yourself a cappuccino and some pastries for the two of you.

It was hard not to think while you waited. And you couldn't think of anything else but him

You were more hurt than angry at Kylo. You understood why he didn't feel like he could physically tell you all about his past but you didn't understand why he tried so hard to hide it from you. You weren't one to judge. And he knew you inside and out. He knew about your family and you had even told him a little bit about Dak. You weren't hiding from him.

It was so confusing but, you knew telling him not to contact you until he was ready was what needed to be done. You were already in too deep, invested into the relationship and you wanted it to succeed whether Kylo did or not. You liked how you felt with him and you were willing to see where things would go. But in order for them to move forward, there needed to be trust...an understanding between the two of you. You were willing to wait. To see if what you had actually meant enough to him...for him to trust you with his secrets. You weren't sure if Kylo was feeling the same things you were but you hoped he was.

You were lost in thought looking out the cafe window when you saw Rey heading towards the entrance. You stood up as she walked in and brought her in for a big bear hug when she reached you.

"It's so good to see you! I feel like it's been forever," Rey said squeezing you back.

"I know! I've missed you so much!" You replied, taking your seats in the booth.

"You have to tell me all about filming," you said, excited to hear about her experience so far.

Rey ordered herself a coffee and began telling you all about the show. She said she was learning so much and how happy she was getting to fully step into a character. Being able to play a different person from herself was clearly a thrill for her.

"Every day I get to step into someone who is totally different from who I am in real life! It's an incredible feeling!" There was a moment of silence after she finished her thought. "But enough about me, what is going on with you?" She asked, reaching out to give your arm a squeeze. She already knew something was up. She knew the moment she saw you. But you were glad that she waited to bring it up. You wanted to hear more about how she was doing rather than talk about your problems. 

"I'm doing fine," you said with a small smile, "I've been busy at work which is great!"

"And how is Kylo?" She asked, knowing that if it wasn't work causing you problems it must be him.

You just looked at her for a moment hoping that she wouldn't make you say it out loud but she said nothing, just waited.

"We got into a fight yesterday...it didn't end well. I basically gave him a 'get out of jail free card' and I don't know if he'll take it," you said, eyes finding your fidgeting hands in front of you.

"I'm sorry bubs," she said looking at you with the saddest eyes in the world.

"It's ok, I just have to prepare myself for whatever choice he decides to make," you replied.

Rey saw how sad and upset you looked. She hated seeing you this way and always tried her best to cheer you up. "Why don't we go out tonight? It's my first night off in a while and I want to have some fun," Rey said.