«─── « ⋅ʚ Flirt ɞ⋅ » ───»

September 22, 2019

In my twenty, almost twenty-one years of life I have never felt more attacked in my life and I never thought it would come from Kim Taehyung. Allow me to explain, since BTS is filming Bon Voyage in New Zealand Tae and I have been constantly texting and talking on the phone, as people who are dating usually do. Everything's been really good between us except for the fact that Taehyung without fail makes me have a mini heart attack every day. What does he do, you ask? Simple. He flirts with me. Call me weak all you want I don't care because the day Taehyung directs a smirk at you after running his tongue on his lower lip, you will understand my pain. It does not compare to seeing it on a video not by a long shot, but that's a good thing because I know for sure he would have been the cause of mass murder.

The worst part of it all was that he knew what he was doing if the smile he always had afterwards was any indication. Taehyung also knows I'm a horrible flirt, I have my moments, but when he takes me off guard like he's been doing the only words coming out of my mouth are stutters. I've tried flirting with him before he makes his move, yet he always seems to have an answer and I'm stuck. The point of this rant is that if I die, you'll know why, especially since I'm talking to him and he has yet to attack.

"Hobi hyungs song is coming in two days," Taehyung announced while playing on the phone.

"Yah, don't tell me!" I scolded him looking up from my notebook, "I want to be surprised."

"I'm sorry, I forgot," he chuckled, "Don't kill me."

"One more strike and you're out mister," I pointed, pursing my lips.

"I think you'll like what he did."

"No surprise there I like everything you guys do," I mumbled going back to my homework.

"That's hard to believe Nari. There's gotta be at least one song you don't like. We've released like what? 100 songs more or less? " He stared at me with a disbelieving look on his face as he lowered his phone. 

"There is this one song that is the worst, I don't know the words to it and I certainly don't listen to it almost every day," I responded with a finger on my chin.

I was obviously joking, I liked all their songs, some more than others, but I didn't dislike any of them.

"I'm not saying which one though, I don't want to disappoint anyone," I added referring to him.

"Wait, wait, wait so there is one? Can I guess? " He fired at me, his eyes wide. "It better not have my vocals," he then mumbled. 

"If you want to guess go ahead, I'm not stopping you," I shrugged pretending I didn't care when suddenly an idea popped into my head. I placed my pencil down, forgetting my homework for a moment. "Let's make a deal. Whoever wins has to do something for the other person."

"Oh, you're on, I always win. What era are we talking? Debut? Wings? Love yourself? Give me something to work with here, Nari," he sat up straight in his seat with a clap of his hands. 

"I think that's cheating, but considering you have so many songs I'll give you a hint," I began saying while he got closer to the camera in anticipation, "It's in the wings era" 

"That album is a masterpiece, I am offended," his eyebrows jumped in surprise as he placed his hand on his chest. Suddenly clearing his throat, his whole demeanor changed when a dark look appeared in his eyes.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't hang up right now," the way he spoke made his deep voice sound like a purr and to make matters worse his mouth was slightly open as his tongue wet his lips.

Oh, to be the target of that sinful action! My breath quickened, and I gulped, trying to find a response, "Um-uh I-I agree it's a masterpiece. Blood, Sweat and Tears literally changed my life," I was rambling, I was aware of that much and there was no other exit for me as I had fallen victim of his killer stare.

In a failed attempt to make him stay, although he was probably messing with me, I blurted out, "Don't hang up because, uh, because I will be very, very upset, who knows I might even cry. Is that what you want to do? See me cry? Cause it's working," I dramatically began fanning my eyes as if to stop my tears.

Never one to miss a beat, he had an answer ready, "So I'm the one with the bruised ego and you're the one crying? That doesn't seem very fair Nari," he raised an eyebrow poking his tongue in his cheek, "Feels like you're just trying to wrap me round your little finger," he finished with a smirk.

Again, how does this man manage to attack me every day? This has been going on for more than a week and if he keeps going, I'm going to end up with heart problems, yet a part of me would give anything for him to keep going with his flirting. It didn't matter if they made my heart skip a few beats because they also kept me going.

Stopping my fake crying unexpectedly and batting my eyelashes I said, "It's true, it's not fair, maybe the thought that I like you like a lot could change your mind from hanging up the call?"

Taehyung shook his head lightly with pursed lips and a glint in his eyes before responding, "I've thought about it and I won't hang up," pausing, he thought out his words before adding, "But you have to tell me which song it was."

"Are you completely sure? There is no going back," I said in warning.

I could anticipate his response was going to be exaggerated, after all, it was one of his favorites.

"I'm ready-wait no, do I?" he looked conflicted before closing his eyes and with a sigh responding, "I know my feelings are gonna get hurt but do it, rip the Band-Aid."

It was funny how conflicted he looked at something that started and is a joke.

"It is...BTS Cypher 4!" I yelled, holding up four fingers.

Taehyung's face went from relieved that he wasn't on it, to processing which song it was, back to offended, "Oh, now I'm definitely hanging up."

Of course, he'd react this way nobody loved the cyphers more than Taehyung. I have a trick up my sleeve, and I can't wait to show him, first, I have to stop him from hanging up.

"For god's sake Taehyung give me a second to explain!" I exclaimed exasperated.

"To explain the fact that you're wrong?" his eyes narrowed, yet the smile gracing his lips exposed he was still playing along. 

"Whatever floats your boat," I rolled my eyes, "The reason I "don't" like Cypher Pt. 4 is because you're not in it. "

I couldn't stop a smile from forming on my lips as he bashfully looked away at the camera hiding his smile. Taehyung 10 Nari 1. 

"By the way I win."

Still smiling, but biting his bottom lip, he nodded and made a promise, "When I'm back, we'll do it together in a karaoke room so that it can become your favorite song instead."

"I'd love that, it's a date then! I can't wait for you to change my mind."

I didn't let him respond as I sent him a wink and hung up. Laying back on the chair I covered my face and let out a high-pitched scream. My face was red from our conversation and I found it harder and harder as the days passed to contain myself. My feelings for Taehyung were bursting out of my chest and I couldn't wait for him to be back so I could have him close and hug him and kiss him, he was such a dream to me. Whenever I saw them on TV, they looked perfect, but I never believed they or he would be like that in real life too. Sure, Taehyung had some cracks from past falls and let downs, but there was nothing a little love and gentle care couldn't fix.

A/N:

If Tae were to flirt with me, I'd die. No joke. I'd smile and laugh like an idiot and he'd look at me like I was weird.

Thankfully, Nari is much cooler than me and was able to handle it.

Nari's birthday is soon...maybe they'll go out soon.

Would you like them to do anything in particular?

As always, please, remember to vote, comment, and share with a friend.

-Nikki Marie 💜