«─── « ⋅ʚ Meet the Seong's ɞ⋅ » ───»

January 20, 2020

New Year's had come and gone, meaning I was back home in California. Classes had started back up too with exam week right around the corner coming. As always Taehyung and I kept in contact whether that was texting, calling or face timing. We were lucky that we didn't have to be apart for long since he arrived in California two days ago in order to promote their new album, Map of The Soul: 7. I had to resist driving up to their hotel to visit him the same day he arrived, but I held back knowing I would be seeing him today. The time had finally come for him to meet my parents and I wasn't sure who was more nervous me or him.

Taehyung had asked me so many questions about my parents trying to figure out what to expect when he came to my house. All I told him was not to worry my parents would love him the same as I did because he was a great guy. Avoiding the small detail that my dad would probably give him a hard time to see how he reacts, I didn't need him to freak out on me.

Once he left the hotel, he texted me he was on his way already. I counted the minutes till his arrival, staying close to the door, so I'd be the one to open it. Dad was busy in the backyard preparing everything for the BBQ. I was hesitant at first about his idea, but maybe it was for the best since it would be a lot less informal and more easy going. Youngjin had just come back from picking up Macy, he had unnecessarily insisted on having her there since I would be bringing Taehyung. I say unnecessary because I had no problem with her being there, she would help keeping my brother in check so he wouldn't make too many unnecessary comments.  Lastly, mom was around the house cleaning any last-minute spots she left behind. That woman was insane the house was already spotless, yet she insisted it wasn't cleaning the oven, the hallway closet and the plants in the entrance. Yes, a plant.

Noticing my bouncing knee and how my eyes shifted from my phone to the door Macy approached me to try and calm me down.

"Everything is going to be fine," Macy reassured me as she plopped down into the couch beside me.

"I know I'm still nervous though," I responded quietly, jumping when my phone buzzed.

"What is there to be nervous about? Taehyung is the perfect guy for you, and he loves you so much I'm sure your parents will see that," she firmly told me, grabbing hold of my shoulders and shaking me lightly.

"You're 100% right," I nodded, calming down, but when my phone buzzed again telling me Taehyung was pulling up the nervousness rose back up again.

"He's here!" I jumped from the couch to run to the door. Youngjin intercepted me, pushing me, causing me to slam against a wall as he yanked the door open to reveal Taehyung holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Taehyung, you're here!" Jin yelled, ushering him in and giving him a bro hug.

Rubbing my arm in pain from my brother's stupidity, I approached my boyfriend enveloping him in a hug. Macy waved high to Taehyung, dragging my brother out of the room with her to give us some privacy.

"I missed you, Tae," I lightly said, staring up at him my arms still around him.

"I missed you too, little flower," he smiled, leaning down to give me a short, sweet kiss.

"Come, let me introduce you to my parents, they are in the backyard."

Taehyung hesitated before letting me grab his hand to take him to the back. I squeezed his hand in reassurance and shot him a smile, it was the only thing I could do the rest was up to him. In the backyard my dad was heating up the grill while mom sat on a chair flipping through a magazine. There was a table set up where my dad would prepare the food as it came out of the grill. Youngjin was sitting by the pool in one of the long lounge chairs scattered around, Macy sitting between his legs.