«─── « ⋅ʚ Goodbye ɞ⋅ » ───»

August 3, 2019

Today is the day my life would change, again. I would be taking a plane to Seoul for the second time this year, but instead of staying a few weeks I would be staying for about four months, alone. I was being overly dramatic because I will not only have my cousin, but my extended family too, which means I won't be alone, still, it's not as if I'm going to see them every day.

I would be moving into a dorm with a new roommate, take classes with unknown people, and adapt into a new lifestyle. It made my nerves restless making them influence my mind with countless what if's. What if something bad happened? What if I failed my classes? What if I got lost? What if I was kidnapped? What if I didn't make any friends? What if I made a fool of myself in front of my new classmates?

Overall, I was not the best with change it was necessary, though, because in the future when I look back, I want to be proud of myself for getting myself out there and having fun and diverse college experiences. I want to become more independent, not only from my family but from my friends too. A few years from now we will graduate and go on different paths we won't see each other almost every day as we do now, we will become different people with different lives. We will be there for each other that is for sure, but we won't be the same 21-year old's who fangirl about a boy band. I take that back we might not be 21 but we sure as hell will be fangirling.

My suitcase had been packed for the past two days and I was left picking up a few stray things left behind and stuffing them into the front pocket of the overfilled bag. Everyone was waiting downstairs to take me to the airport soon and to say their farewells. My room looked unusually clean and tidy with some of its staple pieces missing like the hoodie that always hung from my desk chair, or the tangle of chargers that hung from the corner of the bed, or the unbelievable number of cups and water bottles I left scattered around. Just as I zipped up my bag a knock was heard on the door.

"Hey," Olivia softly greeted as she entered the room.

"Hi," I responded, sitting on the bed.

Olivia seemed down, her usual loud and confident persona missing. There were only a handful of times I'd seen her like that, yet I had never been one of them.

"You got everything?" she asked, sitting by my side.
"Yes, everything's packed."

"Did you know we have never spent so much time apart?" She pointed out sadly, "At least not since we met on Pre-K."

"It's shocking, but I'd believe it," I laughed softly.

"I'm going to miss you bitch," she suddenly sobbed, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you more," I told her, a few tears escaping my eyes, "It will only be a semester and I should be back for Christmas."

"You better be, or I'll drag you back myself," she sniffed pulling away.

"Promise?" I asked her.

"I promise."

"And that you will text me and call me and face time me?"

"Of course," Olivia laughed, wiping her tears.

"Then that's that, I guess. Time to go." I announced, "Will you hold my hand?"

It was something we did a lot when younger when one of us was uncomfortable or sad. It felt nice to bring it back if only for a moment.

"Wouldn't have it any other way."

And so, with all my bags in tow, we made our way downstairs where my parents, Youngjin, and Macy were waiting. Liv made sure to give herself a look on the mirror hiding, she had been crying since nobody else needed to know that. Although everyone could see it on her face, that she had most likely shed a few tears.