«─── « ⋅ʚ Recovery ɞ⋅ » ───»

November 1, 2019

A beeping sound was all I heard as it annoyingly sounded at intervals. Then I heard light chatter around me wanting to know who was speaking, I tried opening my eyes. They closed back up again the first few times I tried until finally I was able to take control and blink away the sleepiness.

Noticing I was waking up my grandmother called my grandfather's attention, "Jinho dear, look she's awake," she then rushed to my side, "How are you feeling darling?"

"Sleepy," I answered groggily, glancing around the room to see if Taehyung was here.

"Are you looking for that handsome young man who was here earlier?" she knowingly wondered.

Embarrassed of being caught I looked down to my hand that was hooked to the IV trying to avoid halmeoni's stare.

"Maybe," I shyly mumbled.

"Darling, I had to beg him to go home to get something to eat and change," she exclaimed patting my leg, "He didn't want to leave your side or go too far away in case something happened."

"Oh," I responded with a smile. It made me so happy to know he cared that much about me; it was reassuring especially after what happened.

"Is he the one you talked to me about the other time?" she then whispered leaning closer to me. 

"Yes, he's the one," I nodded eagerly.

"I have to say he's a keeper," she told me with a look, "Remember the words I told you that time you visited us," halmeoni added making a grabbing motion with her hands.

"Youngmi, stop telling the girl that! Next thing I know I'll have to defend her in court for kidnapping," grandfather added having heard our conversation.

"Oh, dear, relax it won't be you there's a conflict of interest," halmeoni disregarded him with a wave of her hand.

Checking my phone which was on the nightstand I saw I had received a text from Eun-Jae saying that he stayed till I was out of surgery and he was glad I was well, but that last night's event had left him exhausted and he was going to sleep.  He also wrote he would be back tomorrow with a bag of my things. In the group chat with the girls there were around two hundred messages starting with pictures showing off their costumes, then ones expressing their concern on my well-being and the latest being get well wishes. They probably received news from Youngjin I was doing good now. Lastly, there were text messages from Jimin wishing me well too.

As it was getting late my grandparents decided to leave mentioning on their way out how they were too old to sleep on a chair or couch and that they'd be here early tomorrow for more news on my recovery and discharge from the hospital. I didn't spend 5 minutes alone till another person stepped into the room their face and chest being covered by a huge basket with flowers, chocolates, and balloons. Placing them on a table near by Taehyung's face appeared from behind the basket.

"What's all this?" I chuckled at the giant gift.

"Get well soon flowers and chocolate," he smiled, showing me his boxy smile.

"Thank you," I told him, grabbing his hand and placing a kiss on the back of it.

"How are you feeling? Does it hurt?" He asked me while looking down to my abdomen in concern.

"I'm okay, it doesn't really hurt much it's more uncomfortable I guess," I answered with a shrug. I hadn't had a glimpse yet of the stitches, although the doctor did say there weren't many and they wouldn't be too noticeable which I was very glad about.