«─── « ⋅ʚ Winter Wonderland ɞ⋅ » ───»

December 19, 2020

The winter air was too cold on this early Thursday morning and the sun was barely peeking out of the horizon as I loaded my bag in the trunk of Taehyung's car. After much deliberation and planning ,we found a few days where we could escape and spend some time together. I was a real pain in the butt because Taehyung had been rehearsing like crazy for the award shows which he seemed to have every weekend and then there was me who had finals to take but we made it work. These are my last few days in Seoul and thankfully Tae managed to get time off work so we could escape to a resort up north where he rented a little cabin for the both of us.

We wanted to make the most of it which is why he picked me up at 6 am to make it a road trip too. I was exhausted and had a feeling I was going to fall as sleep as soon as he starts the car. Before I left the dorm, I organized all of my stuff, the old and the new, and more or less got my bags ready because as soon as I'm back I'm leaving for the airport to go back home. I feel a little bad that I'm not going to spend more time with Eun-Jae but I did enough of that these past few weeks of barely seeing Taehyung.

"Tae, do you mind if I just..." I spoke pressing the button on the side of the car seat inclining it.

"Well, you already did it," he pointed out, his mouth with a fake smile.

"I'll just close my eyes for 10 minutes tops," I reassured him, covering my eyes with my arm.

That was clearly a lie because ten minutes turned into an hour of me sleeping like the dead. You can't blame me, I barely slept getting everything in order. I was woken up by Tae slowly shaking my arm and calling my name.

"It's been ten minutes already?" I mumbled sleepily bringing the seat back up.

"Nari, it's been an hour," Taehyung smiled cutely at my sleepy state.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I didn't find a reason to plus you looked so cute with your snores and drool," he teased, pulling to a drive thru.

"Liar," I grumbled, swiping my jacket on my face to make sure there wasn't any drool. There wasn't.

"So, what do you want for breakfast?" he grinned in my direction.

After a delicious breakfast it was time to keep driving for a few more hours. This time around I did not fall asleep instead I turned up the music and had a little concert. I think the food helped in giving me energy I guess that's why it is the most important meal of the day. Taehyung joined me and my horrible singing as backup vocals because I was the star of the show... not really. No matter how "bad" he sang Taehyung stole the show, always.

A slow song came up and I left him all on his own to serenade me with it. His eyes were focused on the road as he sang getting lost in his own little world and I sat there admiring him and his talent. Noticing the silence, he turned to me confused, catching me staring at him in the process.

"Everything okay?" he questioned with a side smile.

"Mhm, I'm listening to you sing, it's relaxing," I responded, grabbing his hand that was in the center console.

"I better stop I don't want you to fall asleep again," he joked giving my hand a squeeze.

"I won't, promise, it's a different type of relaxing."

"No, I'm not taking it. Play Cypher pt. 4 I believe I owe you a duet," he ordered, turning up the volume.

I gasped remembering his promise, "Yes!"

The closer we got to the resort the more snow I saw and to say I was excited was an understatement. Living in California I didn't get the opportunity to see snow and the time that I got to see it, it had just started to snow so it wasn't as fun. But what I was observing was a winter wonderland. It's one of the reasons Taehyung chose to take me up north, he knew how much I wanted to play in the snow.