«─── « ⋅ʚ Let Me ɞ⋅ » ───»

October 26, 2019

If there was one thing, I knew it was that tests are infuriating and draining. I had just finished one my midterms and against my better judgement, I was discussing the answers with one of my classmates as I walked out of the building. There wasn't anything more frustrating than changing one answer last minute just to find out you had it right before. Parting our separate ways, I began my way journey to the dorm. The sun was already going down and my bed was waiting for me after I barely slept the night before trying to cram last minute material. Other students around me resembled my state of mind as nobody was lingering in the halls. It had been a hell week, but it was over for now and we could go back to procrastinating till the last minute.

I stopped by a bench to fish out my phone and listen to some music on the way to drone out the silence around me. Flinging my backpack over my shoulder I pressed the side button to turn it on. It wasn't necessary to turn them off during the test, but it's a precaution I took because I was so paranoid sometimes even if I checked it over 20 times before. A few seconds after the apple appeared on the screen several notifications chimed in, some were Instagram and twitter notifications, others text messages from my group chat with the girls and in the most recents dating to 10 minutes ago texts from Jimin and 5 missed calls. Before I could call him back a picture of him drunk appeared on my screen announcing he was calling me again. I picked it up quickly curious about the calls knowing they had a concert tonight.

"Hello? Jimin?" I rapidly answered.

"Oh, Nari thank god you picked up," Jimin exclaimed releasing a sigh. I heard him tell people on his side of the line that I had finally answered.

"Is everything alright?" I asked dubiously.

"No-Yes-No, kinda, it's Taehyung," he blurted out worry clear in his voice causing me to become worried myself.

"What is it? You're making me nervous," I urged him to talk. Scenarios crossed through my head of things that could have happened to him. Was there an accident? Is he sick? Was he in the hospital?

"He's not okay Nari, mentally, that is. He's hit a block and says he's not going up on stage," Jimin explained.

"Oh no, when did this happen?" I questioned him thinking that he probably called me to help Taehyung.

It was no secret that ever since Taehyung and I had that talk months ago, about him feeling doubt about going on stage, he calls me to give him a little pep talk and reassure him. I enjoyed helping him in any way I could, so I was happy he trusted me with it. One time I asked what he did before I was around, and he'd tell me he'd try dealing with it on his own but that also he didn't have as many doubts before. It's been on more recent times that his insecurities have become not common but more frequent.

"Today! It was very unexpected," Jimin said telling me of what had happened around half an hour ago.

"What can I do? I can call him and try to help him," I offered not knowing what else I could do.

"I don't think that'll work can you come over?" he asked in a begging tone. 

"Of course. Where are you guys?"

"We're at the stadium the concert is in an hour we can push it an hour at most before we go up on stage."

"Wow, okay, um, I'll make my way there now," I told him speeding up my steps to the main road to find a taxi. I didn't expect him to tell me to come to the stadium. Last time I had been backstage was on the Muster where Taehyung and I were just friends. It wasn't the fact that I was going backstage that made me nervous it was that it was the first time I would be seeing his managers and staff since we started dating. Would anything change?