«── « ⋅ʚ Good News ɞ⋅ » ──»

February 19, 2019

He had me wrapped in his arms so tightly, it felt as if I was losing my breath. I had never experienced feeling so secure in somebody's arms like that. As I pulled away, I realized I was holding onto him just as tightly as he was holding onto me. Surrounded by the smell of his cologne and his warmth, I tried to look at his face when reality started setting in. I was quickly being pulled away from my dream, his unrecognizable face frowned as distance separated us. Then, everything went dark. 

Suddenly, my hearing cleared as the screeching voice of my childhood best friend, Olivia, rang in my sensitive ears. Realizing everything was a dream I opened my eyes, the brightness making me squint.

"Nari, wake up!" she screamed into my ear while jumping on my bed. "Get up now! You won't believe what I found out."

Groaning, I took my pillow and covered my head, "Go away".

This was one of the best dreams I've had in my life. Even though I couldn't see his face, it felt as if I knew him somehow. In the dream my brain recognized he was beautiful, unlike anything I've seen before.

"Chica levantate! Macy is on her way here to receive the amazing news as well," she replied, ripping the pillows away from my grasp. "Don't make me get Youngjin in here," she threatened narrowing her eyes.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I replied, stumbling out of bed, "I'm already up, there's no need to call Jin in here." I acted 'normally' as if my hair wasn't a bird's nest and my eyes weren't half shut due to puffiness. If my brother got the opportunity, he would pour ice cold water all over me, and Olivia, being the evil girl she was, knew that. There's nothing better than a sneaky best friend. Lucky me.

What can be so important for her to wake me up in the early mornings of... 10 am?

"Okay, what's the news? It better be important," I said, trying to look mildly decent as I raked my fingers through the knots in my hair. It didn't matter much to me though Olivia has seen me at my worst by now.

"Nope, now you need to wait for Macy to get here," she mentioned looking away from me.

Is she serious right now?

"What's going on?" I exclaimed, getting impatient.

"Just wait a little longer, it's something good I promise," she said, typing on her phone. "Would you look at that she's already here," Olivia announced while getting comfortable on my bed.

Honestly, I have no idea what news she could have to make her this pumped. I'm pretty sure she went to bed around the same time I did at 3 am. Just as I was going to keep insisting she told me the cause of her excitement, Macy came into the room.

"Hello, hello, hello!" Macy greeted, knocking my door. "Why did you call me here with such urgency?" she asked Olivia as she sat on my desk chair. "You okay there Nari? You look a bit tired."

I was surprised at how that girl could come into my room early in the morning, criticize my appearance, and yet look so innocent and nice. That was Macy I guess always shining and spreading positivity to the point that when she unconsciously said something rude she could get away with it.

I must look bad for her to point it out though, then again, it's not my fault I was rudely woken up and not given time to get myself together.

"Maybe if Olivia hadn't woken me up so rudely, I wouldn't look like this," I replied, glaring at Olivia whilst throwing her one of my pillows.

Catching it, she yelled "Okay, the reason I've gathered you all here today is because. . . drum roll please?" She said as Macy and I started doing the iconic drum sound, "BTS IS COMING TO THE ROSE BOWL ON MAY," she shrieked.