«─── « ⋅ʚ New York City ɞ⋅ » ───»

December 30, 2019

There is something about the New York air that makes it so unique. Could be the polluted air or the trash lining the streets, or it could be the excitement in the air of people following their dreams. The buildings were tall with huge screens showing the latest of the latest, still cars honked trying to get to their destinations, and people weaved their way through the streets minding their own business, mostly. The tourist-y areas were filled with people dressed in horrible costumes of your favorite characters and street performers trying to make some money in the city that never sleeps.

I wanted to be out there blending in with the locals instead I was in a tinted car with leather streets that was taking Olivia and I to the hotel. It wasn't a bad thing, just different. Olivia was staring wondrously out the window having never been to New York before I could hear the clogs turning in her mind about all the things she could do in the limited time we would be here. Unlike her I wasn't looking at the tourist destinations having been there years ago with my family. I wanted to explore undiscovered places, get some shopping done, and most importantly spend some time with Taehyung to celebrate his birthday.

The chauffeur dropped us off in front of the hotel helping us unload our bags and get them inside. The hotel was in the center of New York City allowing BTS to get to their destinations quickly and efficiently. Taehyung had texted me earlier with instructions to tell the receptionist my name in order to get a key to his room and that's what I did. The receptionist being cautious asked for my ID but once she saw I was who I said to be she gladly gave me the room card.

Before I left, she caught my attention, "Is a Miss Martinez traveling with you today?"

"Um, yeah, she is," I uncertainly answered, "Liv?"

"What's up?" she said, popping up beside me one headphone in her ear.

"Hello, Mr. Park told to have a room ready for you. This is the room number and key," the receptionist kindly informed her.

"Thank you," she smiled, shooting me a nervous glance. 

Silently we got into the elevator and pressed on the floor number. Luckily for me and unluckily for her they the rooms were in the same room meaning we were stuck in the elevator together.

"Are you finally going to tell me what is going on between you two?" I stared at the metal door not looking in her direction.

"Nothing is going on," she plainly told me. What a liar. A guy doesn't give you a hotel room simply because you're his best friend's girlfriend's friend.

"I find that hard to believe Olivia he asked me to bring you here, he got you a hotel room," I scoffed annoyed at her hesitance. 

"Don't believe me then I'm telling the truth," she rolled her eyes, yet her hands kept playing with the corner of her phone case a clear indication she was feeling anxious.

"Liv, I don't care if you have something you know that?" I turned to her,  "It's not my intention to get between you two or anything," I reassured her. 

"Nothing is going on," she insisted, "We're just friends bonding over our two best friends dating." 

"Alright, I'll believe that for now," I unwillingly accepted, "You know you can trust me, right?"

"I know and if there were something, I'd tell you," she smiled sarcastically, getting off the elevator once the doors opened.

That was Olivia closed off until either you pried it off of her or she decided to tell you. I think that she was partly telling the truth, she doesn't know what's going on either.