«─── « ⋅ʚ Home ɞ⋅ » ───»

December 22, 2019

It was time to go home my bags were packed and all my things were in order. For the second time in 24 hours, I searched under the bed for anything that could've been left behind and I was surprised to find a black mask. Stretching my arm as far as I could, I managed to grip one of the ears dragging it from under the bed. After dusting it, I placed it in the front pocket of my suitcase to keep it as a memory.

Eun-Jae was awake waiting for me in the living room his flight wouldn't be leaving until tomorrow afternoon. The living room and kitchen looked bare and how it was originally found at the beginning of the semester. None of our things were thrown around like usual, our bags weren't by the entrance; no papers were scattered on the table where I spent countless hours talking to him instead of studying and the coffee table had no takeout boxes.

A notification on my phone told me the Uber would be here to pick me up in about 15 minutes. Leaving my suitcases by the entrance I sat next to Eun-Jae leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you for being such a great roommate," I told him, staring at the black screen of the TV where we watched countless romcoms.

"You made it easy for me," he sadly smiled down at me.

"I'm going to miss you more than I thought," a tear streamed down my face as I accepted the reality that this might be the last time I see him.

"Don't cry Nari you're being silly," he tried comforting me, patting my arm.

"You're heartless, just say you will miss me too," I said with a watery laugh.

"I'll miss you too...I guess," Eun-Jae shrugged, but deep down he would miss me too.

"I don't remember if I thanked you," I suddenly piped up.

"For what?"

"For having my back for the whole Taehyung mess," I softly responded, "Thank you."

"Anything for a friend although I will be expecting an invitation for the wedding," He joked nudging me with his arm.

"You really think that'll happen?" I curiously tilted my head. I hadn't thought about marriage yet since Taehyung's and I's relationship was still relatively new.

"Completely, I have never seen anyone look at a person like Taehyung looks at you," he admitted nodding his head furiously.

"Then sure, you got your invitation," I agreed, shaking on it.

"Can I be the man of honor?" he then added.

"I'm afraid that spot is taken," I laughed shaking my head. That spot had been taken by Olivia one summer afternoon while we played in my backyard. We were pretending to get married and out of nowhere she firmly told me she would be my maid of honor one day. My 6 year old self tried arguing with her, but she wasn't having it and I had no choice but to agree. 

Once the Uber arrived Eun-Jae helped me take my bags downstairs, complaining on the way about how heavy they were.

"If you ever find yourself in Australia call me," he pointedly said, loading the last suitcase into the car.

"I will and the same applies to you if you come to California."

"Deal," he exclaimed, slamming the trunk shut.

Before the driver rushed me, I wrapped my arms around Eun-Jae tightly. He laughed at me yet wrapped his arms around me too. I got into the car and the driver took off to the airport, turning to look at Eun-Jae, he waved at me and yelled a 'Bye Nari' to which I lowered the car window and yelled back a 'Bye Eun-Jae nice to meet you girl'.

The airport was busy as usual, I had to grab a cart to carry around my suitcases while I checked in. Many tourists surrounded me ready to go back home. My flight would leave in about two hours, leaving me to pop in my headphones, listen to some music and reflect on the past few months.

It was so crazy how, first, my roommate turned out to be a dude, thankfully, everything was fine, he was super cool and chill and not a perv. My classes went well, and I got straight A's on the report card which will make my parent proud. I met a lot of people from around the world and while I'm not super close I managed to get out of my comfort zone something I had been battling with for the past two years. Not to forget I made friends with the rest of BTS and beat Jimin in a drinking game. I spent a lot more time with my grandparents strengthening the bond between us. Went to the hospital and got an appendectomy. Lastly but most importantly, I started dating Taehyung and eventually became his girlfriend. So much happened in the span of five months I had no idea how I managed to get through it all.

Having been lost in my thoughts the two hours passed by quickly the flight attendant soon calling the different sections of the flight. Unlike when I got here where I was all grumpy and mad, I happily entered the airplane taking my seat by the window. As always Tae sent me a few texts before I had to turn off my phone. Every time he says or texts an 'I love you' the butterflies in my stomach, although they feel like hummingbirds, can't help but flutter in pure happiness.

The flight was eventful I mostly spent it sleeping, maybe I shouldn't have done that, jet lag will be a bitch

The flight was eventful I mostly spent it sleeping, maybe I shouldn't have done that, jet lag will be a bitch. My bags came quickly through the conveyor belt making me one of the first people to leave the dreaded airport. Outside of the terminal I kept a look out for my dad's car a few days ago, I made sure to tell my dad all the details of my flight and reminded him to pick me up. Instead, there was a sign with my name on it surrounded by colorful hearts and stars. Behind the sign was Olivia smiling from ear to ear waiting for me to notice her.

"Olivia," I yelled, running to her as fast as I could with my bags.

"Nari," she yelled even louder, sprinting to me.

We met in the middle throwing our arms around each other in a bear hug. With the insane strength she had for a 5'2 girl she lifted me off the ground making me squeal.

"I missed you so much bitch," she screamed, kissing my cheeks repeatedly, "I'll no longer be a third wheel."

"I missed you too Liv," I grinned, kissing her cheek back in greeting.

"Let's get you home, we'll catch up on the way," she spoke excitedly, quickly helping me with my bags.

I nodded and followed her to the familiar car. It felt good to be back.

A/N:

A short filler. Next chapter will be her getting to her house and talking to the girls so far. 

If you havent noticed this story might be coming to an end maybe 10 more chapters? 

im so sad to see it go 

As always, please, remember to vote, comment, and share with a friend.

-Nikki Marie 💜