2. First Day

~Aubree's Point of View~

1/15

Today is my first day of school, and I was a complete wreck. I had no idea what to wear, eat, or bring to school. I wanted the kids at my school to like me and become my friends. I thought that because no one knew who I was, I could start fresh and be myself without making the people come to me.

I decided on a kind of cropped fluffy sweater and skinny jeans, with a pair of my converse.

I walk into the school and look around. There were so many kids, and it was really cool. I had no idea where the main office was, so now was my chance to make a friend. I looked around and saw an average size/looking boy at a locker talking to a dark skinned girl with curly black hair, who was slightly shorter then him talking to him. I walked over and took a deep breath.

"Um, hi", I said nervously. They turn their attention to me. "My name is Aubree, I'm new and I need to find the main office so I can get my schedule. I don't suppose you guys know where it is."

"Hey, I'm Charlotte. Come with me I'll show you", the girl said.

"I'll come too, I have nowhere else to go", the boy said. He had dirty blond hair and brown eyes. "I'm Henry by the way."

I have to say he was pretty darn cute.

Charlotte and Henry walked me to the main office and waited outside when I went in.

"I'm new and need to get my schedule", I said to the lady at the desk.

"Name", she said. I could tell that she was annoyed or was having a bad day.

"Uh, Aubree Matthews." I saw as she typed my name into the computer and I heard a printer go off.

"Give me a second", she said getting out of her chair. When she came back she handed me a paper. "Here you go, now get to class."

I grabbed the paper and walked back outside. "So did you get your schedule?" Charlotte asked me. I nodded. "Can I see it?" I hander the piece of paper with my schedule on it to her, and she read it very quickly. "It looks like you have 1st, 4th, and 7th, period with me and Henry. You also have 2nd period with just Henry", Charlotte said smiling.

"Cool", I said. She gave me my paper and I shoved it into my backpack.

"We can show where to go", Henry said to me. I smiled at him, and he smiled right back.

As we walked I saw someone running down the hall holding a bucket in their arms. "Henry!" the boy said.

"What Jasper?"

"My bucket...it broke", the boy named Jasper said.

"Okay..."

"I need help fixing it."

"Maybe later, but we need to get to class", Henry said moving his hand from side to side pointing at Charlotte and I.

"I have never seen you before", Jasper said.

"I'm new", I said.

"Ok cool."

"Come on, let's get to class", Charlotte said and we walked away from Jasper.

~Henry's Point of View~

Charlotte and I were talking about tonight when a girl that I had never seen before walked up to us.

"Uh, hi", the girl said, "My name is Aubree, I'm new and I need to find the main office so I can get my schedule. I don't suppose you guys know where it is."

"Hey, I'm Charlotte. Come with me I'll show you", Charlotte said.

"I'll come too, I have nowhere else to go", I said really stupidly. "I'm Henry by the way."

Aubree was about my height and had a brownish colored hair. She had freckles and kind of a golden eye color.

Charlotte and I waited outside while Aubree got her schedule. When she came out Charlotte read her schedule and said that we have 1st, 4th, and 7th, period together. But also that Aubree and I had 2nd period together. After that we walked to our first class, but before we could get there Jasper had interrupted us.

When we were finally finished with Jasper, we were able to actually get to class.

~Aubree's Point Of View~

When the bell for second period rang, I was about to walk out of the class room when I felt an arm grab me and turn me around. It was Henry, he smiled at me.

"Hey", Henry said.

"Hi", I said.

"Tomorrow night, Charlotte, Jasper and I are watching an episode of 'The Walking Orange' and I wanted to know if you would like to come watch it with us."

"You watch 'Walking Orange'! That's so awesome, me too", I said in excitement.

"So is that a yes?"

"Yeah, it sounds fun", I say.

"Cool. We should get to our next class", Henry said smiling.

"Okay."

All of the classes seemed to go by fast. It seemed that I had already made a lot of friends. Henry, Charlotte, and (I guess) Jasper. I mean he was kinda weird, but sometimes he could be funny. And tomorrow I was going over Henry's to watch 'The Walking Orange'.

After 4th period we had lunch. Everyone gave me their phone numbers and I gave them mine. We had lunch and talked about random things...except for one thing.

"Did you guys hear about Captain Man?" Jasper said to us all.

"Of course we did Jasper", Henry and Charlotte said.

"Huh, Captain Man?" I ask confused. I had no idea who Captain Man was.

"Oh right, we forgot you were new for a second", Charlotte said.

"Captain Man is the superhero in our town", Henry said.

"Don't forget about his sidekick Kid Danger", Jasper said butting in.

"There is a superhero here?" I asked everyone, and they responded with a nod.

If there was a superhero already here, how was I supposed to become the city's superhero like I planned on it? Maybe I could help this superhero out, or just try to be better. I didn't feel like mentioning anything to Henry, Charlotte, or Jasper so I kept it to myself.

The school day was over and I walked home. Not realizing that the whole time, Henry was on the other side of the road. I only noticed when I turned to see him walking into a house - that I assumed was his - and close the door.

I ignored it and just went into my house. I went to my room - which was covered in boxes - and fell face down into my bed. I rolled over and looked at my ceiling. How am I gonna do this? I thought to myself.