Epilogue-Last Day Of School

6/4

~Aubree's Point of View~

It's been a month and a half. There is still...no sign of Jake Hart. Sometimes I want to just bite all of my nails off from nervousness. I really don't want him to come back and hurt everyone. I feel like Henry is in danger and I can't help him. Sometimes I forget that he has superpowers now and can take care of himself...not that he couldn't before...

Oh, and that woman that my dad had over...that was just a one night stand...and her name was actually Honey, so weird. I sometimes wonder if she was actually just a one night stand...

Anyway, today is the last day of school so I decided to dress up more than I usually do. And by that, I mean wear makeup. I know that I'm going into high school after the summer and need to start acting 'older'. I never really liked makeup, I liked my natural look.

I put on a white sleeveless skater dress with a floral design at the bottom, my white flats, and teal flower matching earrings and a ring. I put my hair into a side bun and then put on mascara, lip gloss, and I had my nails painted last weekend.

I smiled at myself in the mirror and straightened out my dress with my hands. "Today is going to be awesome", I say to myself.

I grab my phone to see if there were any texts from Henry. Nope.

I shrug it off and walk downstairs to make myself some waffles. As I turn into the kitchen, I see my dad and Henry talking. Henry was sitting at the dining table and my dad was at the waffle maker.

"Henry..." I say, "Dad."

"Oh hey sweetie", dad says smiling. He picks up a paper plate with two waffles on it with a slice of butter on top and hands it to me.

"Uh...thanks", I say and walk over to the table to sit next to Henry. "So, why are you so early?" I ask looking at Henry.

"Your dad invited me over for breakfast", Henry says. He leans into to kiss my cheek but I hear my dad do his 'interrupting cough' to make him stop.

"Henry, I like you, but you better not kiss her in front of me until you're married", dad says.

I laugh a little under my breath and begin to slice up my waffles. I stuff the waffles in piece by piece without caring about Henry being right next to me. They were so good.

My dad was a good cook. "These are really good dad", I say with my mouth full.

"I'm glad you like them", dad says walking over to Henry and me with two more plates. He hands one to Henry and places one in front of him at his chair. He goes back to the fridge and pours 3 different cups up with orange juice then brings them over to us.

"Thank you Mr. Matthews", Henry says.

"No problem", dad says smiling at Henry then puts a piece of his waffle into his mouth.

***

After breakfast, Henry and I walked to school, his hand in mine. When we reached the school we went our separate way after Henry gave me a kiss on my cheek. We went to our lockers and I saw Charlotte in the corner of my eye walking my way. As I open my locker Charlotte catches up to me and smiles.

"Are you excited?" Charlotte asks.

"About what?"

"Did you forget that today is the last of school?" Charlotte says annoyed.

"I didn't forget, I just don't really care", I shrug.

"Whoa girl, what's your problem?"

"Nothing. It's just...last day of school...first day of school...its still school. I'll be happy when the last bell rings", I say.

"Whatever", Charlotte says.

I close my locker and sigh. "Can we go to class now?"

"Yeah sure", Charlotte says and we walk to our 1st class. As we are about to reach class, arms rap around my waist and I feel lips on my neck. I could whose lips those were...Henry's amazing lips.

I stop walking and take Henry's hands in mine; I loosen his grip on me and turn around to kiss him on the lips. I break the kiss quickly and say, "Hey Henry."

"Hey Bree."

"Let's get in class okay, I want to get this day over with", I say then kiss him one last time.

"Okay", Henry says smiling.

He lets go and we walk into Miss Shapen's class.

***

"I hope you all are going to have a fantastic summer", the much nicer teacher than Miss Shapen says at last period.

Henry and I weren't talking like all the other students; we were listening to all their conversations. Most of them were about us.

"I'm gonna fake an accident and have Kid Danger or The Purple Flash come help me" "I wonder if Kid Danger is in our class" "Do you think that the two are dating?" "I would make a better sidekick that Kid Danger or The Purple Flash"

"I don't think they know The Purple Flash isn't a sidekick anymore", I whisper to Henry.

"They'll find out soon", Henry says.

As we listen on to more the conversations the bell rings and I hear some kids scream with excitement. "What is this, Middle School Musical?" I say raising an eyebrow.

"Come one sour pants. Get out of you chair and let's go to Junk 'N' Stuff", Henry says extending his hand to grab mine. I sigh and smile gripping onto Henry's hand. He tugs too hard to pull me up and I fly up in the air and I land on the desk.

"Henry Hart!" the teacher yells.

"Sorry Bree", Henry winces, "I didn't mean too."

"I'd give you detention but school ended, so just get out of here!"

"Yes ma'am", Henry says then helps me up.

"You're so lucky I have the power to heal", I whisper into Henry's ear.

"I know right?" Henry jokes.

"Let's just get out of here, all the other students are gone."

"Okay", Henry then takes my hand and walks me to my locker. "I'll be back after I get everything out of my locker."

I nod yes and open my locker as Henry walks away. I take out my backpack out first and put all of my notebooks and magnets into it. They had laid recycling bins and trash cans out in the halls to throw away our junk which is what I did. I threw all my old papers into the recycling and then when my locker was empty Henry came walking over to me.

"I'm done", he says.

"Me too", I reply.

"Ready for the summer?" Henry asks putting his arm around my shoulder as we walk out of the school towards my house.

"Oh yeah", I say smiling.

This is going to be the best summer ever.

A/N**** On a scale of 1 to 10 how was the book??? Comment that and "SEQUEL"