5. The Girl Who Kicked Your Butt

1/17

I woke up around 11 a.m. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and looked at my notifications. I had a bunch of texts from Henry.

Henry: Hey.

Henry: Are you awake?

Henry: Are we still hanging out today?

Henry: Hello?

Henry: Bree are you there?

Henry: I want to talk to you.

“Crap!” I said to myself. I instantly texted him back.

Aubree: Henry I am so sorry! I was asleep, I didn’t hear my phone, and I must have slept through it.

Thankfully he had texted me right back.

Henry: It’s okay. At least I know you didn’t purposely ignore me.

Aubree: So do you want to come over?

Henry: Like now?

Aubree: Like in 10 mins, I’m still in my pjs.

Henry: K, see you thenJ.

I put my phone back on my nightstand and when to go pick out an outfit. I got my ‘Fries before guys’ shirt with some ripped skinny jeans, and my red converse. I kept my hair wavy and put a headband on. I brushed my teeth and when I was done my doorbell rang.

I ran downstairs and it was Henry. I opened the door and smiled. “Good…whatever it is right now”, I said. He laughs a little. He looked at my shirt.

“Fries before guys, huh?” He says and smiles.

“Yeah”, I said.

“What if the guy bought you fries?” He smirks.

“Then they are loved”, I stick my tongue at him. He walks in and I close the door.

“So what do you want to do today?” Henry asks me.

“I don’t care. You can pick.”

“How about…we go to Fatburger”, Henry says.

“Oh my goodness gracianious! Yes!” I scream with excitement.

“Okay let’s go.”

I grabbed my penny board and phone and we walked out the door. Henry had already gotten his penny board from his house before he got to mine; so on the way to Fatburger we had a skateboarding race. I won and of course I did the stupidest happy dance ever.

Henry was laughing so hard that he literally R.O.F.L (rolled on the floor laughing). Then I started laughing at him laughing at me.

After we had calmed down we were able to go into Fatburger and order our food. I got a cheeseburger with lettuce, ketchup, and pickles; and Henry got everything. Henry also ordered a medium pack of fries for us to share.

“Look the guy bought fries”, Henry said. I laughed. I could tell that Henry and I were gonna be amazing friends.

“Ha, thanks Henry”, I said smiling.

After a while of eating and talking Henry’s watch beeped. Every time we were together it beeped. We at least got a couple of hours together.

“I’m so sorry Bree”, Henry said.

“It’s fine, just go. I can ride my board home”, I smiled.

“Are you sure? I don’t want you getting kidnapped again”, then he covered his mouth with his hand. He knew?