14. Birthday Disaster - Part 2

2/7

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I kept having these nightmares about the sudden power I have. I had no idea where it came from and I wanted to know. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I got out and changed into a grey Harry Potter shirt, skinny jeans, and black converse. I also put my Harry Potter ring on.

I walked downstairs and made myself some oatmeal. I walked downstairs to the basement with my oatmeal and went on my computer. I started to do research about superpowers when I got an email with an unknown address.

Aubree Matthews,

Wondering how you got your powers? Let's say I did, and I know you don't know who I am, but you will soon...if you do what I say. If you go into your room you'll find a note. Read and do exactly what it says. I'll see you later.

My eyes widened and I ran to my room. The note the person was talking about was on my bed. I was terrified of reading it. I was about to open it when someone knocked at my window. I jumped and turned around, it was obviously Henry.

I walked over to the window and unlocked it. "Hey Bree", Henry said. I ignored him and walked back inside with my window open. I sat on the note so Henry didn't see it. "What's that?" Henry asked.

Nice job Bree! "What's...what?" I ask nervously.

"That paper...under your...butt", Henry smiled.

"Uh...I don't know what you're talking about."

Henry walks closer to me. "Come on Bree, let me see." Henry walks even closer to me and started to tickle me.

"Henry stop", I yelled and laughed at the same time. I pressed my hands against Henry's chest and he flies across my room. I scream and quickly get up. "HENRY!"

Henry tries to get up from the floor but falls back down. "Call...Ray", Henry quietly said. I had completely forgotten about the note and called Ray.

"Ray!" I yelled over the phone.

"Aubree are you okay, what happened last night?" Ray asked.

"Forget about last night, Ray! I need you at my house right now!"

"Okay, I'll be right there", Ray hung up the phone and I ran back to Henry. He was in so much pain. I picked him up and carried him to my bed.

I had no idea how I did, but I did. "Henry, are you okay?"

"N-no" he said.

"Oh my, god...this is all my fault! I'm so sorry Henry", I said.

"No, it's m-my fault", Henry said.

"Can I do anything to help?" I started to tear up.

"Yeah you can", Henry smiled. "Kiss me?"

I lean in and kiss Henry. I hear someone cough and I break the kiss with Henry. I turn around and see Ray in his Captain Man suit. "Uh, Ray...hey..." I said...unnaturally.

"Is this why you wanted me here?" Ray asked.

"N-no", I said, "I-I hurt Henry."

"Why did you hurt him Aubree?" Ray yelled and ran over to Henry.

"S-she didn't mean too", Henry whispered.

I was scared, actually terrified but I couldn't run away again. I needed to be here. "Okay...how did you hurt him?" Ray inspected Henry.

"I slightly pushed him", I said.

"SLIGHTLY?"

"I'm sorry Ray!"

"I-it's fine Aubree. Just help me get him to the Man Cave." I nod and grab Henry. Ray looked at me in shock as I didn't need help. I ran out my house and over to Junk 'N' Stuff.

~Henry's Point of View~

Aubree carried me all the way to Junk 'N' Stuff. She was able to hold me the whole way down the elevator without falling or screaming. I was worried about Aubree. I had no idea what was up with her, and how she all of a sudden had electricity shooting out of her fingers and super strength.

Aubree put me on the couch and went to talk to Ray. Later they came back and gave me some pain killers.

"I'm really sorry Henry, I didn't know that would happen", Aubree says almost crying.

"Aubree it's okay. I'm fine", I smile. I wasn't fine, my back hurt so badly but I didn't want to upset Bree.

Ray looked over at Bree. "We need to do some tests on you", Ray said.

"Tests? What kind of tests...?" Bree asked nervously.

"We need to find out how you all of a sudden have powers."

"Ray's right, we need to know what's going on and so we can help you control them", I say to Bree. Bree smiles and nods.

"You're right, I need to know how to control this", Bree says, "If not...I might hurt Henry again."

"Look Bree, I'm fine", I say. I get off the couch but fall again.

"That doesn't look like you're fine Henry. I think you need to stay home for a while", Ray says as he helped me up.

"What? I can't stay home, you guys need me!"

"Henry, do you see yourself? You can barely stand, let alone fight crime."

I sighed. "You're right. But as soon as I get better I'm back here, helping you."

"As soon as we make sure you are 100 percent fine", Ray says.

"I can help while you heal", Bree says.

"Bree, you need to learn how to control this power first", Ray says, "For now, I can do it myself."

"Okay", Bree said. She didn't even think of fighting about it with Ray.

"Why don't we start your tests early?" Ray asks Bree.

~Aubree's Point of View~

I think about the note and how I still haven't read it yet. "Why don't we start your tests early?" Ray asks me.

"Uh, actually...I have chores to do, maybe tomorrow? Okay, bye!" I run to the elevator before Ray could make me stay.

I run into my room and find the note on my bed, but this time there was another note. He or she came into my room a second time?

I slowly opened the first letter. It read:

I need you to accidentally hurt Henry, make it so that he can't do his job. I have faith in you Aubree.

Oh my, god. I did exactly what they told me to do, and I didn't even read the note yet. I wouldn't have done it if I knew what the note said. I would've told Henry or even Ray.

I breathe before I open up the second note.

Great work Aubree, I didn't even need you to read the first letter. Maybe this will be easier than I thought. Expect another note tomorrow.

I can't believe this person wanted me to do things for him. I didn't care who this person was or why they gave me powers but I wasn't doing anything else they wanted me to do.

I didn't know what to do. Right now my life was falling apart and I didn't know how to glue the pieces back together. I lied in my bed and looked up at my dark ceiling. I think this ceiling needs some glow in the dark stars. I look at it way too often.

I ended up falling asleep in the middle of the day. I had nothing else to do and my dad wasn't going to be home until late tonight. Hopefully he woke me up for dinner when he got back.

A/N**** Hey guys, little update. I try my hardest to update either daily or everyother day on this story. I hoped you liked this last part...probably not. But we'll see what happens later. Bye guys, please vote!