4. Rescued

1/16 continued

~Henry’s Point of View~

“Ray, what’s the problem?” I ask walking into the Man Cave.

“I just read that someone has been kidnapped. I don’t know who yet but we will find out when we find where they are. We need to find who’s doing this, now”, Ray says. He grabs his gum and starts to chew it as I do the same.

We blew up the bubble gum and switched into our costumes. We ran to the tubes.

“Up the tube!” Ray and I said at the same time.

We had found our way to an abandon building, it was about 5 stories high and no electricity, so Ray and I had to climb 5 sets of stairs to get up to the top.

When we finally got to the top there, I saw who the person had kidnapped. It wasn’t just any person. It was Aubree; she was tied to a wooden pole with a sack on her head. I could tell that is was Aubree because she was wearing the same exact outfit from today; the ‘I love food’ shirt, tucked into a black skirt with black high-top converse. I didn’t even realize that I knew the exact thing she was wearing today.

“Captain Man…It’s Aubree”, I nudged his shoulder.

“Who?”

“Aubree, she just moved here this week. She must have gotten kidnapped when I had to make her walk home alone because you triple beeped me”, I said.

“Oh”, he said, “don’t worry, we’ll get her back.”

We walked into the place where everyone was. “Hey!” I yelled, “Why do you have to be so mean, huh? Kidnapping an innocent girl like this! So…immature.”

“Well, well, nice to finally meet you Captain Man and Kid Danger”, the tall buff man said.

“Kid Danger you get the girl, I’ll get this dumb nut”, I nodded and ran over to Aubree.

~Aubree’s Point of View~

I was standing there, completely useless. I had no idea what to do, I got kidnapped. I couldn’t see anything because there was a sack over my head. What I gonna die? Will I be abused? I kept thinking of what they would do to me when... “Hey!” a voice yelled, “Why do you have to be so mean, huh? Kidnapping an innocent girl like this! So…immature.” Someone was here to save me?

“Well, well, nice to finally meet you Captain Man and Kid Danger”, the guy who most likely kidnapped me said.

“Kid Danger you get the girl, I’ll get this dumb nut”, is what I heard. I didn’t want to be saved, I was practically a superhero myself…like my brother. Thinking of my brother brought tears to my eyes. I thought I was over it, I guess I wasn’t.

I felt as someone lifted the sack off of my head, to reveal my duct taped mouth. “Here, let me help you”, he said. I’m guessing this was Kid Danger. He took the duct tape off of my mouth, than he went to the other side of the pole and untied the rope. I could feel the rope burn on my wrists.

“Thanks”, I said. I noticed that Captain Man was not having an easy time with the kidnapping dude. I was tired so I walked over to the man, grabbed his wrist and completely made him fall on his butt with a 360 spin. After that I slowly walked away, knowing that behind me Kid Danger and Captain Man’s were completely in awe.

~Henry’s Point of View~

I had no idea that Bree could do that. I thought she was just a normal girl. She obviously wasn’t, maybe that’s why I liked her so much. Maybe my brain knew that she wasn’t normal, and told me to randomly start liking her.

Captain Man and I were totally shocked by what she did we walked after her.

“Au- I mean hey…you…girl”, I said, “Nailed it.”

She turned around and looked at us. “Yes?” she said so sweetly.

“How did you do that?” Captain Man asked.

“Uh, let me think…black belt in karate, had a brother who saved people for a living. He taught me a few things about kicking someone’s ass”, Bree said smirking, her hands on her hips.

“That was amazing…what you did”, I said.

“Thanks…again”, she said, and walked away.

~Aubree’s Point of View~

Well that was step one of becoming a superhero here. I walked home, making sure to look behind me and not get kidnapped again.

When I got home, all of the lights were off. I was about to go upstairs when I heard a knock on the door. I sighed and walked over to it. I looked through the peep hole, it was Henry. I opened the door.

“Hey Bree”, Henry said.

“Uh, hi” I said…like usual. “What are you doing here? I’m really tired and want to go to bed.”

“Sorry, I just wanted to hang out with you because I had left you before.” He gave me a sweet smile, which I couldn’t resist, because duh…I liked him.

“Okay, fine”, but we can hang out in my room”, I said leading him to my room.

When we got to my room I sat on my bed as Henry sat on my trampoline type chair. “Wow this is comfy”, Henry said.

“So…” I said slowly.

“Do you mind?” Henry asked as he sat up and sat next to me on my bed.

“Uh, no…not at all”, I said.

“Okay.”

“Look I didn’t want to leave you by yourself when my watched beeped, but I had to go because it’s my job”, Henry said as he slowly moved his hand near mine.

“You have to go to work when your watch beeps?”

“Yeah, it’s a weird job, they call me in, they tell me what to do, I do, and I go home.”

“Oh”, I said.

Then Henry completely put his hand over mind and entwined his fingers into mine.

“What are you doing?” I ask him looking at our hands together as one.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to”, Henry said as he let go of my hands.

“No, its fine”, I say as I grab his hand and entwine my hand and his once again.

“Look, I got to go home now”, Henry said getting up, “Can we hang out again tomorrow or something? Maybe see a movie or go skateboarding?”

“That sounds great. Wait no…perfect”, I smiled and he blushed a little.

He walked out of my room and out of my house. I watched as he walked back to his house from my window.