38. Who's Up To This?

*Short*

~Aubree's Point of View~

Oliver and I were almost near the school when we saw all the kids running past us. Why aren't they in school?

Oliver and I look at each other confused. We walk closer as we see all the superheroes fighting the Illusion Eliminator in the school's parking lot.

"I don't think Piper is there", I say.

"Where do you think she could be?" Oliver asks.

"I have an idea!"

"What?"

"Just follow me!" I yell as I start running towards Henry's house. One great place to hide is somewhere where you wouldn't think is a hiding place.

I run up to the door and try to open it. It was unlocked. Perfect. I run inside as Oliver is behind me. I run to Piper's room and see a note on her bed.

NOT THE NOTES AGAIN!

I sigh and walk over to the note. I open it up and read it;

I see that you found out where I was going to hide Piper...but I also see that you are NOT Henry Hart...more like his girlfriend. You tell Henry or Kid Danger, whatever you call him that he needs to find Piper himself...and if he doesn't come find her in 24 hours...she dies.

I scream and rip the piece of paper up and throw it onto the floor of Piper's room. This is not going as I planned. My question to myself is...Where is Henry's parents?

I walk into their room and see that Mrs. Hart was tied up in duct tape and rope on her floor. When she saw me in my costume she started to freak because she didn't know it was me.

"Mrs. Hart, Mrs. Hart, IT'S ME!" I yell. She finally calms down when I start to pull of my mask. Her eyes widen at the sight of me.

I lean over to her and pull the duct tape off her face. "Aubree?" she says.

"Hey...." I say nervously.

"Since when are you a sidekick?"

"Actually...I work for myself", I say, "So, technically, I'm a superhero."

"How?"

"Mrs. Hart there is no time to explain! We need to find Piper!"

"WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED TO PIPER?! WHAT HAPPENED TO HENRY?! I WAS GOING TO RUN AND HELP HIM WHEN I SAW HIM GET STAPPED BUT SOMEONE GRABBED ME AND I PASSED OUT!" Mrs. Hart screams.

"Henry's fine...I mean...he had died...BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT! He's alive now."

"Just help me untie these ropes", Mrs. Hart says a little calmer than before.

I crouch down and help undo her ropes on her wrists as Oliver unties the ones one her legs.

"Who tied you up?" Oliver asks.

"I don't know if I should say..."

"Mrs. Hart, we need to know because whoever did this is going to kill Piper in 24 hours!"

"Okay, I'll tell you", Mrs. Hart takes a deep breath and starts to tell us who's doing this. "It's..."