8. Bullies and Gossip

1/26

Over the weekend my dad and I were able to move our belongings from our old house to the new one three houses down from Henry’s. Because my dad was sorry about everything he let me redecorate my whole entire room.

I got a light blue and purple bed set, and white furniture. I got a desk, bed frame, dresser, and a shelf. I also got a TV that was hung up over my desk. On my desk was my laptop, diary, and some pencils and pens in a cup.

I woke up somewhat happy. I had no idea why, but I felt happy. I jumped up and went straight for my bathroom. I put my hair into a bun and put lip gloss on.

Wait…lip gloss??? That’s not like me.

I never wear makeup. I think it just wasted my time, plus I sucked at it and didn’t have an older sister and/or a mother. It was always dad and I. Except for when my brother was still alive.

I walked back into my room and grabbed a tribal print tank and light was jeans. I put on a ring and a necklace that said ‘believe’ on it. I then put on a pair of tan boots.

When I was done getting dressed I went over to my bed and sat down while I checked my brand new phone. I had a few notifications from games and YouTube (I wasn’t very social when it came to social media). My phone buzzed in my hand.

Henry: Can I come over to walk with you

Aubree: I guess.

Henry: Great, now open your window.

Huh? I walk over to one of my windows and open it…nothing. I open the other window and see Henry on the tree right in front of me.

“Um, hey Henry”, I said.

Henry crawled into my room. He looked at me…and he never looked away. “I, uh…nice outfit”, Henry said.

I look at my outfit. “Thanks”, I say awkwardly. What was happening right now was, indeed, awkward.

~Henry’s Point of View~

I had just stared at Bree. It felt like hours, but it was just seconds. She looked beautiful. I mentally slapped myself.

I had made everything so…awkward between us.

“Uh…we should get some breakfast”, Bree said to me. I nod. We walk downstairs and see Bree’s dad drinking some black coffee.

“Morning Mr. Matthews”, I say smiling.

“Good morning Henry”, he said, “How did you get in here?”

“Through the window”, I say. I didn’t even know why I said that. “Mind if I have some coffee?”

He looks at me weirdly. “Uh, knock yourself out.”

“Thanks Mr. Matthews”, I smiled.

“Please, it’s Eli”, he says.

“Okay!” I walk over to Bree who was making frozen waffles in her toaster.

“Do you want some?” I nod.

“Hey, can you make me coffee just like you did last time?” I ask giving her puppy dog eyes.

“Sure, why not”, she smiled.

When we got to school, Bree and I saw that there was a fight going on with some of the high school kids. We both give each other glances and run behind the school where no one could see us.

We quickly blew our bubblegum and changed into our costumes. We ran back into the school, and realized that this was the worst idea ever.

“Hey!” I yelled.

I then heard as everyone shut up, then whispers started.

“Look its Kid Danger” “Who is he with?” “Is that Kid Danger’s girlfriend?” “Oh my god…new girl”

At some things I heard I blushed.

The bully looked over at me. “Oh no, it’s Kid Dummy!” he said sarcastically.

“How about you shut up?” Aubree yelled over to him.

“Or what, you’re gonna bring me to jail?”

“No but we can certainly tell the principal”, I say smiling. I heard all of the girls say ‘Aw’ and ‘Ah’. These girls were so in love with me…

“Ha, funny!” the bully walked over to us. He was about to punch me in the face when Bree jumped in front of me and caught his fist.

“I don’t think so”, she smiled. She then threw him down by his arm and he quickly got up and ran away.

Everyone cheered for ‘Kid Danger’ but not Bree; even though she was the one who did something. I felt really bad. Some ran over to us.

“Marry me Kid Danger” “Will you date me” “I love you”

Bree walked out of the school while I was in a crowd of girls and some guys.

I couldn’t get out and I really wanted to see Bree. So I decided to yell. “Hey!” I said at the top of my lungs. “I need to leave! Let me go!”

Everyone moved out of the way willingly and went to class as I ran outside. I saw Bree sitting down behind the school.

“I’m SO sorry Bree”, I say running over to her.

“Don’t be. They love you. I’m nothing special to them. It’s not like I was the one who saved you. It’s okay Henry. Let’s get to class”, she faked a smile. She tried to get up but I pushed her back down.

“But you are special to me”, I say. I still had my Kid Danger costume on. I leaned in and kissed her cheek. “Now we can go.”

Thankfully we were able to get to class before the bell rang so that no one would get suspicious. Bree sat next to me and we listened to all of the gossip about us in class.

“Kid Danger has a girlfriend” “I will never get a chance with that hunk” “Oh god I love that man…I mean, Kid”

Bree and I both laughed under our breath during the entire class.

A/N**** This was just a tiny chapter to show that Henry is totally getting the hots for Aubree.

Don't forget to vote. :)