20. I Love You

2/13

"WHAT?" Ray whisper screams, "How is that remotely possible?"

"I have no idea", I say, I could feel tears building up in my eyes.

The whole time Hunter was the one sending me the notes, the one who wanted to kill Captain Man, the one who would even kill our father to get me to work with him.

"I swear he died in that building."

"It's okay Aubree", Ray says rubbing my back. I shove it off.

"It's NOT okay! My own BROTHER wants to kill you!" I start to walk to the front door to walk inside. Ray grabs my arm and turns me around.

"You can't just go in there", Ray said looking into my eyes.

"Watch me", I say.

My heart was beating so hard. I swung the door open and found the door to the basement. I walked down the stairs. I saw Hunter zapping Henry which made me angrier. I walked over to him. He turned to face me and his eyes widened. He didn't move a muscle. When I was hitting distance from him I punched him right in the face which made him fall to the floor. He got up and I saw his cheek already turning a bright red.

"Aubree...t-this isn't what it looks like", Hunter says waving his hands in defense. I punch him again and kick him in the gut. He falls to the ground again.

"Really? Because it looks like you are torturing one of my best friends!" I yell. I was about to kneel down and punch him once more but his throws his hand in the air.

"Aubree, listen to me!"

I ignore him and walk away. I took a deep breath and ran over to Henry. I saw Ray come down the stairs and run over to Hunter, who was still on the floor.

I untie the huge knots on Henry's wrists and ankles. I lifted him up so he could stand. "Are you okay?" I ask as I hug him. Henry hugs me, but not as tight as he usually does. I could tell that he was really weak at the moment.

"W-we need to get you to a doctor", I say.

"Why are you crying?" Henry asks softly.

I didn't realize I was crying. "Because...I-I love you."

~Henry's Point of View~

Did I just hear what I think I heard? Aubree loved me? My eyes widen.

I could feel my heart beat; it felt like a drum inside my chest. I didn't know what to say. Do I love Aubree? After hearing her say it...I think I did love her. I took a deep breath.

"I-I love you...too", I whispered. I couldn't say it out loud. One; because Ray was right behind us and two; I was way too weak to speak loudly.

Aubree smiles at me and hugs me once more. I tap her on the shoulder and she looks back into my eyes. "Do you mind bringing me to the hospital now?"

~Aubree's Point of View~

I was sitting in the waiting room. I was waiting for Henry's family to get here so I could see him. Ray had brought Hunter to the police station and put him in jail. I would talk to him later. I can't believe he hurt Henry like that.

I was just glad that those dumb notes were over. I also remembered that Hunter was the one who gave me these powers. I needed to know why. I needed to know a lot of things, like why he wanted to kill Captain Man, or why all of a sudden he decides to hurt people instead of save them.

Ray walked over to me and sat down next to me. He gave me a one arm hug and then took his phone out. I turned my head to look at his phone to see what he was doing.

"What are you doing?" I ask Ray.

"I'm just texting Teddy, I have to check up on them once in a while so I know they're still alive", Ray said sarcastically.

I nod in agreement. I saw Henry's mom walk over to us. "Mrs. Hart...is Henry okay?" I ask her.

"Hel-lo...Mrs. Manchester", Ray says to himself smirking at Henry's mom. I look at him disgusted and back at her.

"He's gonna be alright Aubree. Why don't you come see him", she said smiling. I nod and get up.

"I'll be right back Ray", I say waving bye.

We walk into Henry's room. Henry had cuts all over his face. I ran over to him and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Henry..." I said crying.

"Hey Bree", Henry said, "You look so much better than I do right now." I laughed in between my cries.

I bend down and hug him. "Oh my, god, I love you. Even when you look dead you can make some kind of joke."

"I know", Henry smirks.

"So, when do you get out of here?"

"Today, I just have to rest all weekend", Henry smiles.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask him as my eyebrows rose.

"Because...tomorrow's Valentine's Day..."

A/N****Kind of short chapter. Made sure he was okay for Valentine's Day tomorrow ;)

Go check out my new book "Basic Book Covers" I'll be taking requests.

Don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading!

Also...NEW BOOK COVER!!! Tell me what you think!