39. Safe and Sound

~Henry's Point of View~

Hunter and I crawl into the trunk of the Man Van. "Now Henry, this is one; a needle and two; will give you strength, speed, and telepathy...this is your last time to decide. Are you sure you want this?" Hunter says.

I look Hunter right in the eyes. I know I hate needles...but I need this if I'm ever going to be a good sidekick, or one day...be a hero myself. I nod yes and Hunter smiles. I look down as Hunter starts to put the needle in my arm.

"Oh and Henry?"

I look back at Hunter. "Yeah?"

"You'll pass out for a few minutes for it to work."

"I'm okay with that", I say. Hunter smiles at me again as I look away again. I feel the pinch of the needle go through my shoulder. I slowly fall into a deep sleep.

~Hunter's Point of View~

As Henry started to fall asleep to 'restart' his body system, I lied him down on the floor of the Man Van. I stepped outside and saw that the Illusion Eliminator was still NOT eliminated. See what I did there? No, okay.

"Captain Man, how are you doing?!" I yell. He looks back at me for a split second.

"HOW DOES IT LOOK LIKE HUNTER?!" Ray yells back at me. Superhero got some attitude.

~Aubree's Point of View~

"It was Jake", Mrs. Hart sighs. I gasp in surprise.

"YOUR HUSBAND DID THIS?! HE'S GOING TO KILL HIS OWN DAUGHTER?!" I yell.

"The other day h-he found out that Piper wasn't his..."

"What?!" Oliver and I say at the same time.

"I got pregnant with Piper on a one night stand...it was a night that Jake and I had a fight so I went out with 'the girls'. I found out he got me pregnant and so I just told Jake it was his..."

My mind was BLOWN! I would have never guessed. My question is...who's the actual father?!

"Mrs. Hart..." I say. She looks up at me with pools of tears in her eyes. "What is the name of Piper's real father's name?"

"I-I don't know Aubree. It was a one night stand; we didn't give each other our names or even numbers."

"Would you know who he was if you saw his face?"

"I-I guess", Mrs. Hart sniffles.

"We really have to go save Piper right now. You know, so she doesn't die", I say walking backwards to the door.

"I know, I understand. Just make sure Jake doesn't hurt my daughter. I didn't know he had this in himself."

"We'll save her Mrs. Hart, I promise", I say and Oliver and I run out of the house. Oliver and I head back to the school to get Henry so he can help us find Piper.

When we get to the school I see that they are still trying to fight the Illusion Eliminator. I run over to where they were fighting him. I scream at the top of my lungs as everyone stops fighting.

"Works every time", I whisper to myself.

"HEY!" the Illusion Eliminator yells. I turn to look at him. He was about 2 feet taller than me. I look up to him and smile.

"Oh hello there", I say.

"What are you doing little girl?"

"I wanted to know if I could have a hug..." I say trying to trick him. He looks at me confused.