27. Uh, Oh

2/18 continued

After Henry was back and his parents and sister stopped hugging him, Henry and I went upstairs. We both sat on his couch. Henry put his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

“So, are you going to tell me exactly what happened?” I say. Henry lightly rubbed his thumb up and down my arm and sighed.

“Short story short…my mom caught me on my watch. She said if I didn’t tell her what it was for she’d take it and find it herself. I decided to run away. I called Ray, he fired me…and that was it”, Henry sighed.

“So Ray actually fired you?” I say sitting up.

“Yeah”, Henry frowned.

“I-I’ll be right back”, I say and go to his window.

“Where are you going?”

“Junk ‘N’ Stuff!” I yell as I open his window and jump out.

When I get to Junk ‘N’ Stuff I run right past Gooch without saying anything and head straight for the elevator. I press the open button, and then walk in when it opens. I quickly press the down button and the elevator shoots down.

Ray is at his desk doing something that I didn’t have time to see. “GIVE HENRY HIS JOB BACK!” I yell at Ray stomping towards him.

“Excuse me?” Ray says confused.

“You freaking heard me Ray!” I yell again, “Give Henry his JOB back!”

“You too?” Ray sighs.

“Who else has been yelling at you?”

“Teddy and Max.”

“Well they should be. Henry deserves his job back!”

“I can’t give it back!” Ray yells.

“Why NOT?” I grunt.

“Because he was caught Bree!” Ray says, “He technically broke his oath!”

“That’s crap!”

I see Teddy walk in at the corner of my eye. “Uh…hi guys…what are you guys fighting about?” she asks us.

“HENRY!” I yell, “Ray, he loves his job more than anything! I can’t believe you just fired him!”

“I can’t give him his job back Aubree!”

“You gave him his job back before, when Charlotte found out! Then you gave her a job!”

“What, you expect me to hire Henry’s mom?” Ray yells then he pauses and rubs his chin. “Actually, that’s not a bad idea…ah, his mom is so hot”, Ray whispers to himself.

I punch Ray in the arm. “Dude, NO!”

“What? I can’t call Henry’s mom hot?”

“Okay…1; Its Henry’s mom…2; you’re technically my dad! 3; she’s married for crying out loud!”

I see Teddy laugh into her hands. I then see Max walk in. “You guys are so loud! I could hear you from my room!” Max says walking to the Auto-Snacks machine.

“Max is right. You guys are really loud”, Teddy says giggling. She seemed really enjoying this fight. “Dude, just give Henry the job back.”

“I’m not giving him his job back!” Ray yells. Ray turns around and looks like he was gonna run away. I saw Max point two fingers at him and flies Ray back over to me.