Fifteen

I nod again, taking a long drink of my margarita. "Yeah." I look up at the sky and take in the feeling of the warm air, appreciating the fact that we were seated outside. I would feel suffocated had we been inside. "Everyone wants that. Everyone deserves that. I'm glad you realized it." I smile.

"I am too." he smiles. "You loved your ex, right?" he asks after a few moments.

I nod slowly. "Yeah...I did." I nod again, smiling sadly. "Being with him felt like a dream, that's the only way I can really describe it, as cheesy as it may sound." I shrug, laughing a little. "He was so perfect in every aspect it sometimes felt  like it was all a dream, and in a way...it was." I sigh. "As soon as I found out I was pregnant I woke up from my dream. Things were different, no matter how much he tried to assure me they weren't. I knew they were though, but I just didn't want to believe it. It took him leaving for me to finally come to terms with it." I clear my throat, feeling it tighten up, and the familiar feeling that comes right before you cry.

"I'm so sorry." he frowns.

He reaches out for my hand, but I quickly move it, bringing it up to dab under my eyes. "Don't be." I shake my head. "I'm happy it all happened when it did. Before I got used to him being a father, before I got comfortable with not being on my own."

"You are one of the greatest women I've ever met, do you know that?" he asks, smiling a little.

I laugh, wiping away a stray tear that falls as I blink. "Oh, really?"

"Mmhm." he nods, grinning. "It's true."

"Well thank you." I smile. "You're one of the coolest guys I've ever met."

He chuckles. "Thanks."

"Okay, okay, enough talking about all this sad stuff." I laugh, fanning my hands in front of my face, trying to rid myself of the teary eyes.

He nods. "Agreed. Tell me, what's one of your biggest dreams in life?"

"To travel, even if it's not far. I've...never even been out of California." I say with a shrug.

His eyes widen. "What?"

"Yeah." I nod, laughing.

He shakes his head. "That's crazy, I've traveled all over the world."

"Thanks for rubbing it in." I smile, rolling my eyes.

He laughs, shaking his head again. "I don't mean it like that! It's just...traveling is something that comes with my job, sometimes I forget other people live completely different lives than I do."

"Yeah, most of us aren't that lucky." I smile.

He reaches for my hand again, and this time I don't move it. Instead, I enjoy the spark I get as his large hand grabs my own. "I would love to make your dream come true one day." he nods, smiling.

"Yeah?" I ask, and he nods. "'One day' sounds like it's in the far future." I smirk.

"Not too far." he smiles.

I nod slowly. "Let's see how long I decide to keep you around first." I smile, taking my hand out of his grip.

"I'm gonna remind you of this conversation when you and Bella are chilling with me in the Bahamas." he teases, chuckling.

Me and Bella. I smile to myself, nodding.

- - - -

"I had an amazing time, Juan." I smile, looking over at him as we exit the restaurant. It's about to be seven and the sun is just setting, it's a perfect Thursday evening.

He nods. "I did too." we walk over to his car in silence. He smiles, down at me, caressing my cheek gently. "Thanks for coming." I look up at him, waiting anxiously for his next move. His eyes linger on my lips for a few moments before he finally presses his against my own. It's a quick peck, nothing long, and it leaves me wanting more.

I smile as he opens the door for me. "Thank you." I nod, getting into the car.

"What are your plans for the rest of the night?" asks Juan as he begins to drive  out of the parking lot.

I sigh, shrugging. "Probably just gonna watch a bunch of Disney princess movies." I smile, looking over at him. "My daughter is an extremely stereotypical girly girl."

"I think that's cute." he chuckles.

I nod slowly. "It can be...until you've seen every single Princess movie on Disney Plus multiple times." I smile, rolling my eyes.

"I'd love to watch every Princess movie multiple times with you guys."

I stare at the small smile on his lips as he keeps his gaze on the road. "Maybe one day." I nod, holding back a smile. 

We drive the rest of the way to my moms house in silence and I let out a small laugh as he parks a few houses back. "You remembered."

"I did." he nods. "But I also did it so your mother doesn't have to see this," he unbuckles himself and with no warning, presses is lips against mine quickly. I let out a small moan at the eagerness of the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck as he rests his on both sides of my face. I feel a million butterflies explode in the pit of my stomach as we continue to kiss, each kiss more passionate and eager then the last.

I place my hands over his and pull away hesitantly. "I...think it's time that I go." I laugh out breathlessly, squeezing my lips together.

"Yeah..." he nods slowly. "Yeah, that's probably for the best." he chuckles, running his thumb along his bottom lip that's now red and swollen.

I smile, unbuckling myself. "I...had an amazing time tonight. Thanks." I reach over and plant one last kiss on his lips, pulling away quickly before I get trapped in him again.

"I'll call you." he smiles, nodding as I open the door.

I step out and look back into the car. "Call soon." I nod, biting back a smile. "Have a good night." I say as I shut the door, beginning the short walk to my moms house. He waits until I've disappeared into the house to leave.