Eight

"So, how did dinner with you-know-who go?" Heidi asks with an excited smile.

I'd invited her over to my place for dinner the following Monday after I went out with Juan. I told her over text the night I went out with Juan that we had gone out for dinner together, and she practically hounded me for every detail, but I didn't have much to say. All I said is that it went fine. "You've just been dying to know more, haven't you?" I ask, smirking as I set down two glasses of wine on my small dining table. She's been here for about an hour now and surprisingly, hadn't asked me anything about the dinner.

She nods. "Duh."

I laugh. "I already told you, nothing interesting happened."

"I call bullshit." she rolls her eyes. "No way nothing happened." my head snaps in the direction of Bella and I let out a small sigh of relief to see that she's already fallen asleep in her crib that I had just put her into a few minutes ago. We're having a late dinner, and Bella has already eaten, so she's out for the night. "What?" Heidi asks, giving me a weird look.

I glare at her. "You cant go around saying words like 'bullshit' around a two year old who's just learning how to talk, Heidi." I sigh, taking a seat on my chair.

Her eyes widen. "Oh. Oops. Sorry." she shrugs, cutting into her slice of lasagna.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. Now that she's asleep, you can swear all you want."

"Thank you." she smiles. "Anyway, I call bullshit. You don't just go out with a super famous and hot guy like him and just have a normal dinner." she shakes her head.

I shrug. "I don't know...it was pretty normal." I nod. "Nothing happened. We just had dinner and talked."

"About?"

"Well, he saw my tattoo and asked to know more about Bella. I told him a bit about her and we talked a little about Dylan. He was sweet about the whole thing, actually." I shrug. "He's actually a lot sweeter than I would have ever thought he was." I nod.

She smiles excitedly. "Yeah?" I nod again. "So he's hot and sweet. That's the perfect combo. Did you guys kiss?" she asks.

I shake my head quickly. "God, no. I made it clear that dinner was just a friendly way of me thanking him for paying to get my car fixed." I say.

She sighs. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. He's gonna come back for more."

"No..." I give her a side eye, chewing my bottom lip in thought. "He had to have gotten that I wasn't looking to date. I wasn't even looking for anything else to come from that dinner at all." I admit with a shrug. "It was just a thank you."

She smirks. "Sure..."

- - - -

"Guess who's here." Heidi smiles a week later as she walks into the break room.

I drop my phone on the table. "No way. Shut the fuck up!" I say with wide eyes.

She grins, looking down at her perfectly polished nails. "Told. You."

I roll my eyes. "Okay, well I'm not going out there." I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"He requested you."

"What the fuck am I to him? A personal server? No." I shake my head. "Tell him I have a lot of other tables to attend to."

She looks around. "You're on your break..."

"Shut up!" I shriek. "Just tell him I said no. You can serve him."

She rolls her eyes. "Fine."

Heidi walks out and just a few minutes later Rachel, the manager walks in. "Why aren't you out there serving Maluma?"

"What?"

"Why aren't you out there serving Maluma?" she repeats herself, annunciating her words as if she were speaking to a toddler.

I sigh. "Rachel, he's asked for me to serve him multiple times already, I don't understand why he cant just-"

"If he's requested for you to serve him multiple times its because you're doing something right." she crosses her arms over her chest, looking me up and down. "He's one of our biggest clients, and you being a little brat who doesn't want to serve him is not going to be tolerated here."

"Did he make you come in here to get me?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "No. He doesnt even know how rude you're being right now. He's still waiting. Now go."

"Look,"

"I'll make sure you get a raise!" she sighs, rolling her eyes. "Just go. Please, Ximena."

My eyes widen. "Seriously?" I ask and she nods. "Uh, okay? Sure, if it means this much to you for me to go out and serve him." I stand up awkwardly.

"Thank you." she lets out a breath pinching the bridge of her nose while shaking her head.

I didn't dislike Rachel per say, she was a good person, but a bitchy manager. I know she always wants to make the customers happy, but she could seriously go to the extreme sometimes. "No problem." I mutter, pulling my hair back with a clip from my locker.

I walk out of the break room with my heart beating out of my chest. I don't know if I can handle another night with that man without giving in.