Two

"Uh, hi." I laugh nervously as he begins to walk towards my car, where I'm standing. I cant help but feel embarrassed having him see my car, especially after seeing his. An at least hundred and fifty thousand dollar car.

He stops only a few feet away from me. "Well, your shift is over now, isn't it?" he asks, sticking both hands into his front pockets as he waits for me to answer.

I let out a small laugh, shaking my head. "I'm nod dressed to go out for drinks."

He scoffs. "You look gorgeous, I don't known what you're talking about." he smiles. "Come on, just one drink. You aren't really gonna turn me down after I've waited this long for your shift to be over, are you?" he asks, raising his eyebrows at me.

"I really cant." I say, turning to open my car door.

"If it's really over what you're wearing, we can go somewhere else." he shrugs.

I smile, turning around again. "I really can't." I say apologetically. "I have to pick up my daughter from my Moms house"

His eyes widen, just for a split second, but they do. He quickly recovers, trying to act natural. "Daughter?" he asks, clearing his throat uncomfortably.

I nod. "Yeah. Daughter." anddd, suddenly he's like every other guy I've ever met. Hearing the word 'daughter' come out of my mouth instantly terrifies men, that's why I simply stopped trying to date. My daughter and I are a package deal, you cant have me without her, and I'm forever sticking to that.

He smiles. "Wow, I didn't expect you to have a kid. That's awesome. I love kids." my eyes widen when he doesn't completely back down.

"That's nice." I open my car door and get in. "But I really should get going. Thanks for the offer though."

He quickly grabs the side of the door before I can shut it. "Okay, so maybe we wont go out today. But what about another day?" he asks.

I look up at him and shake my head slowly. "Look, I'm sure you're an amazing guy. I mean, you didn't run for the hills when you heard the word 'daughter' like I thought you would." he chuckles at that. God, he has an amazing smile. "But, I'm not looking to date or go out with anyone right now." I smile sadly. "Thanks though. Really." I nod.

He nods slowly, accepting that we wont be going out for drinks tonight or any other night. "Okay. Okay, yeah. That's fine. You're gorgeous though. Really gorgeous. Don't ever forget that."

"Thank you." I say, blushing slightly. Why cant I go out with him again? He's so sweet.

"De nada Ximena." he smiles, shutting my door for me gently.

I watch him the whole way to his car, feeling so disappointed. The last thing I see of him is his probably ridiculously expensive car zoom out of the parking lot. I groan, banging my head on the steering wheel. "Let's see how long it takes for me to get him out of my head." I say to myself, sighing as I begin to back out of my parking spot.

- - - -

Two months. It's been two months and I still cant get that ridiculously attractive man out of my head. His accent. His smile. His everything.

"Hello?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Heidi waves her hand in front of my face.

I shake my head, turning to look at her. We're both on our break and are snacking on a bag of chips I bought from the vending machine in our break room. "Yeah?" I ask, putting another chip into my mouth, chewing slowly.

"What's up with you? Every once in a while you just completely check out of everything around you." she says, narrowing her eyes at me.

I whimper, covering my face with my hands. "Oh, god." I uncover my face. "It's this guy I met here a couple months ago. I cannot get him out of my head for the life of me."

Her eyes widen. "You've been like this over a guy?!" she laughs, shaking her head.

I nod pathetically. "Yes. He asked me to go have drinks with him, and I turned him down because I had to go pick up Bella from my moms." I frown.

"Do you regret it?"

I shrug. "I don't know...not really. Kinda? Ugh, I don't know. He was just really good looking. And I kinda wish I could get another chance to look at him a little."

She smiles. "Aww. You've got a little crush going."

I roll my eyes, standing up. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I'm probably never seeing him again anyway."

"Unless he comes back to see you." she says, raising her eyebrows suggestively at me.

I smile, shaking my head. "That wouldn't happen." I look down at her, turning serious again. "Would it?"

She laughs, shrugging. "Maybe. You never know."

I nod slowly. "Yeah..."

"So we still on for tomorrow night?" she asks after a few moments.

I nod, rolling my eyes. "Yeah."

"I cant wait to take you out." she says excitedly.

After weeks and weeks of putting it off, I finally decided to ask my mom to take care of Bella for a few hours on Saturday night. "Yeah, yeah. We better not stay out too late!" I warn. "I'll drop off Bella at my moms and then go pick you up."

She nods happily. "Okay, it's a plan."