Thirteen

"So what happened? Is your dry spell finally broken?" asks Heidi the next day at the park. She wanted to come over, but I already had plans on bringing Bella to the park, so she tagged along.

I laugh, shaking my head. "No. Do I look like I had sex last night?" now, I ask with a straight face.

"Not really..." she trails off, shaking her head. "Anyway, how'd it go?" she asks excitedly.

I smile, feeling all giddy as I remember last night. "It went...really well." I nod. "I had a really good time with him."

"Yeah?" she smirks.

"And..." I smile. "I kissed him."

She stares at me with wide eyes. "You kissed him?!"

"Mmhm." I nod with a small smile. "Well, he was just gonna kiss my cheek, and then I moved my head and kissed him. It was quick. And then he kissed me for real."

Her jaw is practically on the floor at this point. "How was it?!"

"Really good." I grin, nodding. "I'm already in so deep, Heidi." I sigh.

"Understandably so!" she exclaims. "He's gorgeous." 

I laugh, shaking my head. "He is, isn't he?"

"Are you guys going on a second date?"

I shrug, nodding. "I hope so. I don't know, I'm so freaked out." I whine.

"Why?" she furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

I sigh. "Because I went into this whole date thinking I wasn't going to enjoy it as  much as I did. I like him, like him now."

She smiles sadly. "That's not such a bad thing, Ximena."

"I guess." I shrug. "It would be fine if he were a normal guy, Heidi!" I groan. "He's not a normal guy." shaking my head, I let out another sigh. "He's famous, and people talk about him, which will eventually lead to people talking about me. I don't know if I can handle with all that."

"Okay, understandable..." she nods slowly.

I hum in agreement, nodding. "Exactly. I don't know. Maybe I'm just overthinking it."

"You're thinking logically, to be honest." she shrugs.

"Really?" I ask, chewing my bottom lip anxiously.

She hesitates for a second before nodding. "Kind of.."

"So I should just end it before it goes any further?"

She shakes her head quickly. "No!" she exclaims with wide eyes. "You should at least give it a try. You never know what could happen, Ximena. You look really happy and you've barely gone on one date with the guy. Don't end things."

I smile, feeling a small blush creep up onto my cheeks. Strangely enough, I am really happy, and I've only been on a single date with him. "Okay, yeah. Yeah, you're right. I have to give it some time."

"I think that's the right decision." she nods.

I do too.

- - - -

"Took you long enough to call." I smile, holding the phone up to my ear a few nights later as I get into bed. It's just past midnight, Bella is asleep and I've just finished getting dressed after my shower. I'm about ready to knock out. I worked a long shift tonight, and locked up the restaurant, meaning I was the last person left in the building. A new responsibility Rachel has granted me with since I got a "raise".

He chuckles. "I didn't want to seem too desperate."

"Not at all." I smile, pulling the covers over my body.

"Why are you talking so quietly? Is this your sexy seductive voice? If it is, it's perfect."

I laugh lightly, looking over at Bella's crib that's at the foot of my bed. "My daughter's asleep."

"She sleeps in the same bed as you?" he asks.

I shake my head. "I live in a studio apartment. She has a crib, but it's super close to my bed. I don't want to risk waking her up."

"Oh, okay."

I nod. "Probably nothing compared to your million dollar mansion."

"Don't say that." he chuckles. "I'm sure you have a lovely home. Studio or not." he sounds serious now, and sincere.

I smile, feeling little butterflies bursting in the pit of my stomach. "So," I clear my throat quietly. "what's up? Is this a booty call or something? Because it's well past midnight," I say, removing the phone from my ear to see the time. "12:25 to be exact." I joke, putting the phone back up to my ear.

"It's definitely not." he laughs. "I just knew you were probably gonna be busy with your daughter earlier, so I decided to call a bit later. I called at almost midnight and you were still up that one time."

He remembered. "Yeah, I'm usually up pretty late." I smile, shrugging.

"Anyway," he chuckles. "I called to ask when was the next time you're available."

I grin, sitting up. "For what exactly?"

"Another date." he chuckles. "Obviously."

I smile excitedly. "I'd have to let you know. I usually work weekends, I don't know if that changes anything."

"Doesn't matter. As long as I'm in LA my schedule is usually extremely flexible." he says.

I nod slowly. "Okay, that's good to know. What are we doing on said date?" I ask.

"You ask a lot of questions." he says, the amusement clear in his voice.

I smile, rolling my eyes. "Well, yeah. I want to know what I'm getting myself into."

"We can do an early dinner. So you don't get home too late."

I nod. "That sounds perfect."

"Great." he says, the smile clear in his voice.

"Great." I repeat. "I'll let you know when I'm free once I get my schedule."

"Okay. Talk soon?"

I nod quickly. "Talk soon." we hang up and I lay back down, unable to hold back the ridiculously large smile on my face.