Six

Once I've given him my moms address and he begins to drive, I turn to look at him. "Thanks. You didn't have to do this."

He shrugs, keeping his eyes on the road. "It's no problem, really. It's my good deed for the day." he chuckles.

I nod, keeping my gaze on him. He's really...sweet. I don't know why that surprises me, but it does. "Well, thanks anyway."

We sit in surprisingly comfortable silence for the entire ride to my moms house. "Give me your number." he says once he's pulled up to the driveway. I give him a look of confusion. "I'll have someone go pick up your car. My mechanic will have a look at it."

My eyes widen, nodding. "Oh my gosh, yeah! I completely forgot about my car." I laugh in embarrassment. "Do you think they'll be able to fix it?"

He nods. "Yeah, I think so. I trust that guy with all my babies." he runs his hands along the steering wheel to the fancy car. "I'm sure he can figure something out."

I nod slowly. "Okay..." I give him my number awkwardly. "Thanks again. Really." had I known a mechanic of my own or anything about cars at all, I would've turned down his offer, but because that's not the case, I don't bother.

He smiles. "No problem."

"Shit, I have work tomorrow." I sigh, running my hands over my face.

After a moment he speaks up. "I can drive you..."

I turn to look at him. "Uh, no. No thank you. I'll just have my mom or someone pick me up." I nod, giving him a small smile.

He nods slowly, his eyes glance over every feature of my face for a few moments, almost making me squirm. "This your house?" he asks, turning his attention to the house in front of us.

I shake my head. "No, it's my parents. My mom takes care of my daughter while I'm at work."

"A daughter. That's right." he smiles. "I totally forgot you had a daughter."

"Yeah..." I trail off, smiling awkwardly. "Uh, yeah I have to pick her up first and then go home." my eyes widen, not wanting him to think that he now has to take me and Bella home. "I'm just gonna ask my mom to take me home." I explain quickly.

He chuckles, nodding. "Yeah, I figured you weren't gonna let me drive you and your daughter home."

I let out a small laugh, pulling a strand of hair out of my face. "Yeah. Thank you for bringing me up to this point though. I appreciate it. I honestly probably would've hated that Uber ride." I admit, nodding.

"It was my pleasure." he responds with a lazy grin. "I'll call you about your car tomorrow. I'll make sure it's done as soon as possible."

I nod, unbuckling myself. "Okay. Thanks again." I step out of the car and turn back again once the door is shut. "We'll talk soon." I say through the opened window.

"Talk soon." he says, waving goodbye to me.

I smile to myself as he watches me the entire way up to the house. He waits until I'm inside to drive off. Sweet.

- - - -

I end up not going to work, just because I didn't want to bother my mom for a ride and I had already planned on having her pick up Bella when Juan took me to pick up my car later. I also just figured it'd be a good chance to spend some quality time with Bella.

I'm pushing her on a swing when my phone buzzes from my back pocket. I look at the unknown number and answer it, assuming it's Juan Luis. "Hey." I say, continuing to push Bella.