Twenty-Eight

The next month is a complete bliss. Bella and I are constantly over at Juan's house, or he's over at ours, wherever it is that we are, we're together. We're still not spending the night at each others place cause I don't want to confuse Bella. All she knows right now is that Juan and I are really good friends. If things keep up as good as they are right now, I wouldn't mind letting her know that he's my boyfriend though.

"Ready for tonight, baby?" Juan asks over the phone.

I smile, nodding. "Yeah, I'm excited. I wish you'd tell me what we were doing though." I sigh.

"That wouldn't make it a surprise anymore, now would it?" he chuckles.

I roll my eyes, grinning. "Okay, okay. Well what should I wear?"

"Whatever you want."

"Not helping." I groan. "Okay, what are you wearing?"

He laughs lightly, and I can picture him shaking his head. "I don't know. Probably a suit."

"Ahh, okay." I nod, satisfied with his answer. "So I should dress up."

He hums in agreement. "Sure. If you want."

"You're annoying." I laugh, shaking my head.

"I'll be by to pick you up at 8, alright?" I tell him I'll be ready. "And you asked your mom about Bella spending the night?"

I look over at my daughter who's busy eating her pancakes. "Yep. I'll go drop her off at like six." I say.

"Okay, so we're all set then." I can hear his smile through the phone.

"Juan." I say in a warning tone. "Remember my rule."

He sighs. "Yeah, yeah. I remember your stupid rule."

"Thank you for respecting it. I'll see you tonight, babe."

"See you tonight." he says back.

I made Juan promise me that he wouldn't get me any type of present for our one month anniversary tonight. I didn't have the money to go out and buy him anything right now, so I made him promise to not get me anything either. If he got me something and I showed up with nothing I'd feel awful. It took days of begging him not to get me anything for him to finally agree, and now that I've gotten him to agree, I feel a whole lot better about tonight. Besides the fact that I have no money to be shopping for presents right now, I wouldn't even know where to begin when it came to buying Juan something. I mean, he's a literal millionaire! What the hell could I possibly get him that he couldn't get himself?

"Can I have water?" Bella asks, taking me out of my thoughts.

I stand from the couch quickly, nodding. "Sure, sweetie." I get her a glass of water, kissing her cheek as I hand it to her. "Are you excited to have a sleepover at grandma and grandpa's house tonight?" I ask, taking a seat in front of her at the kitchen table.

"Yes." she nods, smiling a little. "Can I take my movies?" she points over at her stack of DVDS that I've bought her over the years from thrift shops.

I smile, nodding. "Of course."

- - - -

"Is the blindfold really necessary?" I giggle as Juan gets back into the drivers seat.

I feel us begin to drive again. "Could I have trusted you to not open your eyes the entire way?" my silence is enough of an answer for him as he begins to chuckle. "Exactly."

"Whatever." I smile, shaking my head.

The ride from my apartment to our secret destination isn't very far, a good twenty minutes at most. When we arrive, Juan opens my door for me and helps me step out carefully.