Thirty-Four

Juan stands from where he was just down on one knee, bringing me up with him. He kisses me roughly, causing a laugh to bubble out from me as I pull away.

"Now. Let's get married now."

Now, I fully pull my face away from his. "Like today?"

"Why not? I don't want to spend another day of my life not having you as my wife, Ximena." he kisses my cheek, holding my face in his hands. He waits for my answer.

I stare up at him in awe. Shocked, too. "You're serious about this, aren't you?"

"Dead serious." he smiles, nodding.

"What about Bella? Juan, she's a huge responsibility. Are you ready for that kind of commitment? I kinda figured with us being engaged you'd have time to adjust to it all." I say.

He takes my hand and leads me over to the couch. "We can get married today and slowly make the changes in our lives. I'll spend some nights at your place, you guys can spend some here. I'll buy us our own place down the line. Soon." he nods. "I'm ready. For all of it." his hand squeezes my thigh gently, reassuring me.

"Are you sure?" I can't help but ask again.

This all feels too good to be true. That a man I love, loves me back, loves my daughter, and wants us both in his life for the rest of his life. I can't wrap my mind around it.

"I've never been surer of anything, Corazón." he nods. "We'll figure it all out, I promise."

"Okay."

He kisses me, his lips soft on mine. "Let's do it."

"Let's do it." I say.

- - - -

Juan makes a few phone calls, and before we know it, our appointment at the courthouse is set for an hour from now.

"We'll need a witness." Juan says, taking a seat next to me on the couch. "Know anyone who can come with us in less than an hour?"

Heidi.

I smile, nodding quickly. "Now let me make a phone call." I shoot up from my seat, taking my phone with me.

It only takes Heidi a second to pick up thankfully. "Hey." she says.

I take a deep breath. "Okay, I need you to not ask any questions and just be on board until you get here, got it?"

"What?" she asks, confused.

"Are you free right now?"

"Unfortunately."

I smile. "Great. I'm gonna send you an address, just come to it, okay? I'll have them let you up."

"What is going on, Ximena?" she sounds concerned now.

"You know how you're always complaining that I never tell you anything?"

"Yes..."

I laugh. "Okay, well you're about to be the only girl in the world to know this secret for now. Just come to this address. It had to do with Juan and me."

"Juan?"

I roll my eyes. "Maluma. It has to with Maluma and I."