Seven

"Are you sure it's fine mom?" I ask my mom as I pull into the restaurants parking lot.

She laughs lightly. "Yes. I already told you, take as long as you need with your friend. Bella and your dad are out in the backyard. Shes helping him water his plants. She's fine."

I nod, smiling a little. "Yeah, okay. Still, I'll try not to be too long. I'll be by later." we say our goodbyes and I step out of my car.

"This place looks fancy." Juan smiles as he also gets out of his car that's parked besides mine.

I nod. "I wasn't going to take you someplace cheap, Mr. Rich guy."

He chuckles as we walk into the restaurant. We ask for a booth and get seated a few moments later. "You know," I look up from the menu when I hear his voice. "I just realized you don't even know my name."

"I know who you are." I respond with a straight face.

His eyebrows raise. "Oh." he sits back, almost a little disappointed.

I look back down at the menu. "I didn't up until a few weeks ago. I saw your face on TV and flipped out. I may or may not have gone onto google and done a little research." he chuckles a little at that. "I've heard a few of your songs before, they're pretty good." I nod, looking back up at him.

He smiles. "Thanks. And what exactly did you find out on that google search?"

"Nothing important. Nothing that I believe, anyway." I shrug.

I'd be lying if I said the first thing I googled after I found out some basic information about him wasn't 'maluma and girlfriend'. It doesn't look like he's had an actual official girlfriend. All I saw were pictures taken by paparazzi of him on multiple different occasions, with multiple different women leaving parties and clubs. I'm assuming they're probably all pictures of him with random hookups. Other than that and a few scandalous songs, he seemed to be well liked by the public and his fans, racking up millions and millions of followers on instagram.

"Well, thanks for not believing everything you read." he nods.

I smile. "No problem." our waitress comes over and asks us for what we'd like to drink and we order our food as well. I get pasta and he gets a steak.

"So, tell me about Isabella." my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion as to how he knows my daughters name. Before I can ask, he points at my wrist. "Your tattoo."

"Oh. Right." I laugh, running my fingers along the ink in my skin. I got her name tattooed onto the inside of my wrist on her first birthday, I had a few tattoos, but hers was my favorite. "She's two and a really smart little girl." I smile.

"How old were you when you got pregnant?" he asks.

"Eighteen. She was born the day after my 19th birthday." I nod.

He smiles a little. "Wow. That's crazy. I cant imagine becoming a father at nineteen. So you're twenty-one?"

I nod again. "Yeah. And you?"

"Twenty-four."

"Cool. I thought you were older for some reason." I say.

He runs his hands over his perfectly groomed beard. "It's the beard. I'm a full on baby face under here."

I laugh, shaking my head. "You're funny."

"Thank you." he grins. "So you live alone?"

I nod. "Yeah, just me and my daughter."

"If you don't mind me asking..." I already know what's coming next. "where's her dad?"

I shift uncomfortably in my seat, contemplating whether or not I should tell him. Eh, whatever. It's only fair considering I went on a google and had an Instagram stalk party on him the other night. "Don't know." I shrug. "We were only dating for a few months before I got pregnant. He stayed with me for a few months after we found out about the pregnancy, but left before Bella was born."