Ten

It isn't until around two weeks later that Juan shows up, asking for his usual server. His dinner goes by fast, and by the time its time to give him back his card, he's alone. Just like every other time. "Is immediately kicking your friends out of your table once you're done with dinner just a thing you do?" I smirk, passing him back him card across the table.

"Only when you're here." he replies back smoothly.

I smile, shaking my head. "They probably hate coming here with you."

"They all have little crushes on you, I'm sure they don't mind." he chuckles.

I raise an eyebrow, crossing my arms over my chest. "Oh, really?" he nods. "Give me the one on the lefts phone number. He's a hottie." I say, pointing to where one of his friends was just sitting minutes before.

"Ha ha." he laughs dryly, keeping a straight face.

I laugh. "What? I cant have his number?" I ask innocently.

"You have mine." he replies with a shrug. "It's the only one you'll ever need."

"Well aren't you confident."

He nods. "I am."

"Interesting, considering I've been turning you down for months now." I grin.

He chuckles shaking his head. "Wow, that one hurt."

"Its only the truth." I shrug with a small laugh.

He sighs dramatically. "Okay, but seriously, when are you letting me take you out?"

"I really don't think that I should." I shake my head.

He furrows his brows in confusion. "And why is that?"

I shrug. "I just don't think its a good idea."

"You'll never know if you don't give me a chance." he crosses his arms over his chest with a shrug. "It truly doesn't have to go past a single date if you don't want it to."

I look into his eyes for a few moments, seriously considering it. Should I? "I..." tugging on my bottom lip with my teeth, I nod. "Sure." I laugh, nodding again. "I'll do one date."

"Really?" his face lights up, causing me to let out a full blown smile as well.

I nod. "Yeah."

"Great." he claps his hands together. "I have a show here in LA this weekend, maybe you could come to it and then go out somewhere after?" he offers.

I nod slowly. "Yeah, sure. I thought you weren't on tour right now though."

"I'm not." he shakes his head. "I just have a few random shows here and there to keep me busy in between tours. Nothing too crazy. I just happen to have one coming up here in a few days." he shrugs.

"Oh, okay. Well yeah, I could get my mom to watch Bella for a few extra hours over the weekend." I nod.

He smiles, beginning to scoot out of the booth. "Great. I'll call you tonight to set it all up. What time are you off?"

"Eight. You can call me anytime after eight. Well," I shake my head, remembering I have a lot of stuff to do before I can even think about using my phone. Feed Bella, bathe Bella, dress Bella, put Bella to bed. "Anytime after eleven sounds good." he gives me a look of confusion, probably wondering why I cant talk in that three hour time span. "Mommy duties." I explain.

He smiles a little, nodding. "Got it. Yeah, I'll call you after eleven."

"Okay. I'll be expecting your call then." I smile, trying to hide how embarrassingly excited I am.

He nods again. "Of course. I wont forget."

- - - -

"Can you babysit Bella for a few hours this Saturday?" I ask my mom as she puts Bella's shoes on.

She looks up from her task, nodding. "Yeah, of course. You work this weekend?"

"Uh," I shake my head. "no, I don't. Heidi wants to take me out again." I laugh awkwardly. I cant tell her I'm going out on a date, she'll overthink it even more than I will, and will probably make me unbelievably nervous about it.

She smiles, nodding. "Yeah, sure. If your dad and I go out for dinner or something she can tag along."

"Okay, great." I nod, grabbing ahold of Bella's hand. "We'll talk more about it the closer it gets. Thanks for today." I smile, saying goodbye as Bella and I walk out of their house.

When we get home, I feed Bella, take her a bath, and get her ready for bed, setting her down in her crib slowly, and tucking her in tightly, ensuring a restful night of sleep for the both of us. I'm heating up some leftovers from last night for myself when my phone buzzes on the kitchen table behind. I practically slam the microwave shut, pressing two minutes on the time as I turn to pick up the phone. "Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, you still busy?" I smile at the sound of Juan's voice.

I look at the stove to see it's 11:30pm, I shake my head. "Not busy at all. I'm about to eat."

"This late?"

I nod. "Yeah, I just set my daughter down for bed, so its officially 'me' time." I laugh, rolling my eyes.

"Ah, okay." he chuckles, understanding. "Well, I just called to confirm you haven't changed your mind about Saturday yet."

"I haven't. I'm too tired to realize whether or not this is a good idea" I smile.

He laughs. "It's a good idea, believe me."

"I'll give you the benefit of the doubt." I shrug.

"Good." I can hear his smile through the phone, making little butterflies burst in the pit of my stomach. "Okay, so I have to get to the arena a few hours before the show, and I don't want to put you through all that, so I can have one of my drivers go pick you up from your place if you want."

I nod slowly. "Yeah, okay."

"They'll bring you backstage with me once you arrive. Then you can go out to the front row and watch the show."

I nod, smiling. "Yeah, it'll be fun. I'll see you on Saturday then."

"See you then. I'll text you the day of so you know when to be ready." he says.

"Aright." I nod. "See you then."