Twenty-Seven

"You look tired. Get some rest before we land." Juan says to me.

I am tired. And hungover. We sealed the night off with sex and then almost immediately had to get onto Juan's jet in order to be able to make Bella's birthday before she wakes up in a few hours.

I sigh, resting my head on Juan's shoulder. "Knowing we're forty thousand feet up in the air doesn't exactly put me in a relaxed mood." I shake my head, laughing lightly. "I'm fine."

"Okay, then I have something I have to ask you." he clears his throat.

I slowly sit up straight, turning my attention to him. "Go ahead."

"Be my girlfriend. Please." my eyes widen, and I look at him, waiting to see if maybe he's just messing with me. "Will you? Be my girlfriend." he chuckles nervously.

I laugh, nodding quickly. "Yes." I pull him in for a kiss, still nodding. "Yeah. Yes. Definitely." I smile, kissing him over and over again.

"Last night made me realize how much I truly want you to be my girlfriend. I don't know why I haven't asked you sooner. I'm an idiot." he gives me a guilty smile.

I playfully roll my eyes. "I know. I was wondering what was taking you so long." I joke.

"That guys words from last night stuck with me. He told me I was lucky. Had a loyal girl by my side. And he was right." he grins, kissing me gently again. "You could've gone off with him, left me behind, because you were right, we weren't official. But you didn't. You've had so many chances to betray me, go public with our relationship without me knowing, getting your fifteen minutes of fame, and you haven't done any of that." he takes my hands in his. "Thank you."

I frown, kissing him again. "Juan, I've told you a million times. I don't need any of this." I shake my head. "I don't want any of it. This is all worthless when it comes to me." I say, gesturing around me at the literal private jet we're in. "I only care about you." I gently poke my finger into his chest, causing him to smile.  "I just need you."

"Thank you. Seriously, thank you. I've never dated a more genuine person in my life than you. I didn't know there were women who were actually interested in me and not all the glitz and glamour. I know now that's not true." he kisses me again, more passionately this time, meaning behind his kiss. A million 'thank you's embedded behind it.

I nod, kissing his cheek. "Always."

- - - -

"You should get off." I look over to Juan as he pulls up to my parents house.

He gulps loudly. "Seriously? You don't think your parents will mind?" he asks nervously.

It's 6AM, the sun is barely rising, and Juan and I drove right over to my parents house after landing just an hour ago. I sent my mom a quick text to let her know we landed, and also to inform her that I now have a boyfriend. She was ecstatic and immediately insisted that he come in with me to wish Bella a happy birthday as well.

"They won't mind." I shake my head, smiling. "I texted them to let them know. My mom is dying to have you over." I laugh lightly.

He looks towards the house, nodding slowly. "Okay. Yeah, okay. I'll go in."

"I'm sure Bella will be happy to have you with us too." I encourage him, kissing his cheek as I unbuckle myself.

He smiles. "Yeah, okay. Let's go." he unbuckles himself hesitantly.

We make it to the front door and nervously, I knock on the door. "Hey!" my mom smiles happily, pulling me in for a hug.