~Prologue~

Lazily taming my unruly, black curls, I walked downstairs and toward the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. I scratched my cheek and yawned as waking up after the weekends is one of the most arduous tasks ever.

After a few minutes of preparing my daily dose of caffeine, I began sipping on it and switched on my laptop like usual to check my emails. I was checking them a lot lately because I'd given interviews at some of the well known advertising agencies in the past few weeks.

Although it got disappointing every time I was greeted by the spam emails. The companies where I'd sent in my CV didn't revert me back but that didn't stop me from having high hopes.

Traversing my eyes over the screen, I almost choked on my coffee as I glanced at one of the emails' subject line which read 'Acceptance Letter from ZAE Inc.'. As I opened it, I gasped and squealed in effulgence.

ZAE Inc. is one of the top most automobile companies and it has its own in-built advertising department like all the other ginormous enterprises.

My exaltation was ineffable. I didn't know how I was supposed to react as I was sputtering laughs every few seconds.

"Oh, my gosh!" I exclaimed, placing my hands on my cheeks.

ZAE Inc. has always been my dream company but I had felt dispirited as I was rejected there five years ago, considering I had not even graduated from college and they were hiring only the experienced interns. So I did an internship as a copywriter for a year in a small agency and left that place to work somewhere else. Over a period of five years, I have worked at three different agencies including my internships.

A couple of weeks back, I had been interviewed by a few big companies I'd applied at, hoping to snag a position at one of them with ZAE Inc. being my top priority. But never in my wildest dreams had I thought that I would be able to get in.

I didn't mind working in small agencies but they couldn't let my brain explore anything splendid and big as they're unable to afford much fundings for it. But the advantage of starting from there was that they allocated work to everyone because of fewer human resources.

The world of advertising has always intrigued me so I majored in the same in my college as well. My love for it was generated because of my dad who belongs to the same profession. His unique ideas beguiled me to the point where I couldn't hold myself back from doing the same as him.

"I finally did it!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and started waltzing around my small living room adjacent to the kitchen.

The reason why I've always wanted to get into this lavish company was because of my admiration for its founder, Jonathan Williams. He has built it into one of the best automobile enterprises although he took his retirement two years ago. He was replaced by his son who's the new CEO. I've been wanting to work in his company as my dedication for him.

As soon as my adrenaline slowed down and I was drained of my energy after hopping around like a drunk ostrich, I smiled giddily. I looked at myself in the full length mirror attached to a wall in the passage just outside the kitchen and living room.

As I stared at my reflection, I could see the genuine happiness on my face. My olive skin was glowing because of the soft lights hung above my head while my chocolate brown eyes twinkled with mirth.

After a few minutes of admiring my grinning face, I went back to the kitchen. Sitting down in front of my laptop, I took a deep breath in. Just when I was sober and back to my normal self, I prepared a letter to give my current workplace a prior notice regarding my resignation.

"Just one more month, Val. Just one more month and I'm finally gonna be on my way to work in one of the best establishments of all time! Aackk!" I giggled in glee.