~Chapter 51~

My few weeks after I was back to work were the busiest and even water breaks seemed illegal to me.

Shivaay was back with a "limp" like he put it. He was not only working as a copywriter at the ZAE Inc. but was also working on his story about the whole Miller scandal along with a veteran journalist.

When my friends came to know about Ms. Maxwell's resignation, they were hit hard by the news. I so badly wanted to tell them about her true intentions but I didn't have it in me. I would someday when I would feel like they could take the news lightly.

Mr. Williams didn't even bat an eyelash as he took her resignation matter professionally. It made me wonder if he was hurt to lose a good friend, though I did see a flash of regret in his eyes. It was as if he had quietly blamed himself when Skye and I went to meet him the next day. But we weren't too surprised to know that he had already seen her letter.

Skye was coping better than I thought he was and it made me feel better as well. He's got a new thing to put all his energy and concentration on. He opened his own carving shop which kept him busy most of the time.

While on the other hand, our department had to work ruthlessly as Samantha was temporarily declared as our head for the moment. She was even opted out to be the permanent head if things went well in the future. She was kind and nice but she was also too tired to juggle everything with all of those responsibilities put on her at once.

Even though we didn't have to work on a new campaign, we still had to make simultaneous advertisements to put up in the newspapers, tv and radio.

All in all, we were all blasted till our last breaths. So after weeks of enduring the hardships, it was finally Sunday. A proper Sunday where we were given a day off.

But I guess, even today I couldn't waste it by sleeping because Skye had called me to meet him at his place. The reason why I had pulled up in front of his tree house was because that's what he had "ordered" me to do.

With a giddy smile, I got out of my car and headed toward the house. Although what happened next wasn't funny at all, apparently someone found it though.

"Boo!" Someone from behind me exclaimed.

I began jumping on my feet continuously as I screamed like I was getting killed. My hand was on my chest and my eyes were sealed shut.

I felt a warm hand clamping on my mouth, laughing hysterically.

I didn't mean to scream like that. It was solely impulsive. Skye's laugh made me stop and I slapped his arm to take huge gulps of air. "You're wicked!" I punched his chest with a huge frown.

"Wicked, eh?" He tittered, making me roll my eyes.

That's when I properly looked at him. My eyes roved over his attire and I raised an eyebrow at him. He was wearing the same art therapy clothes. The white overall now smeared with colors messily was sheathing his original outfit. "Why are you wearing that?" I beamed, forgetting all about that scary incident.

Skye looked down at himself with a smile of his own. "This, my dear Valerie, is why I've called you here," he revealed excitedly. "I know you've been having a stressful time so I decided that let's do this. I think we both need this relief."

My heart melted at his caring attitude and these small things about him made my soul feel loved for. "Aww, thanks, Skye," I cooed, pulling at his cheeks with more force than intended.

He stuck out his tongue to lick my hands and I quickly pulled away. That made him smirk victoriously. "Come on, now."

"Someone's excited," I said in a low voice but enough for him to hear as I followed behind him inside the tree house before climbing the stairs.