~Bonus Chapter~

Skye's POV

2 years later...

There's a thief in our house. For weeks and weeks now. A "cologne thief" to be more specific.

It was the weirdest thing to steal and I was confounded every time I would see it missing. After every three to four days, it would just disappear and never be seen again. I was even tired of bringing new bottles every day and my frustration could be detected when I wouldn't find it at its place.

A few days ago to show my concern, I had even asked Valerie - since we live together now - if she saw my missing cologne bottles and I got a really cool response from her. She had replied with an "I don't know", shrugged and just... left me hanging on my spot.

So here I was, with my hands on my waist, staring at the dresser as if it would magically reappear. As soon as I had come out after taking a shower, I had expected Valerie to be sleeping till late, considering it was Sunday but I was surprised to find the bed empty. It was as if she was giving me the cold shoulder and it's been going on for quite some time now. That very same thing was doubling my already frustrated self and to top it all, I was more than nervous today.

I was thinking of asking her THE question but her not talking to me properly was quite a bummer.

What the hell is wrong with her?! I ran my hands through my hair with a scowl when I felt something soft sitting on my foot.

Frowning, I looked down only to be greeted with one of the most adorable kittens staring up at me with her big, innocent eyes. I bent down and placed her on my palm and smiled instantly because she was just slightly bigger than my hand. Her soft meows made me chuckle and I booped her head, making her close her eyes.

A year ago, Valerie and I had decided to move in together in a completely different house that we had both bought. She had sold her apartment while I left the mansion as it is because of my tree house. It held a lot of our memories together so I didn't have the heart to sell it.

It was one of the most beautiful experiences to live with her and it was just the two of us until a week ago. As we were strolling together at midnight, we saw this cute little, marshmallow kitten shaking uncontrollably, seeming lost on the street. We assumed that someone must have left her stranded there and I still couldn't understand how anyone could even do that.

So we had decided to take her under our wing. It was Valerie's idea to name her Snowball because of her soft, white fur.

I was brought out of my reverie when Snowball meowed again, rubbing her small head on my wrist. "Hey, Snow, what is it baby?" I murmured in a baby voice as I stroked her head.

She showed me her tiny little paws and jumped down before trotting toward the door and stopping there. Turning back to me, she slapped her paws on the floor as if asking me to follow her.

Puzzled, I walked behind her as she ran through the long corridor and stopped before the last room in the hallway. It was the unused room of our house. Valerie had once accidentally joked that it would be for our first kid and I swear to God, I haven't stopped thinking about it ever since. Though I still couldn't figure out if she was joking or being serious.

My perplexion however increased when Snowball was trying to jump on the door. Smiling, I picked her up in my hands and she mewled continuously for some reason. "Oh, so you want this room, huh? Because you are our first kid?" I teased, booping her head again and she looked unamused. "Okay, okay, let's go in and see if it matches your taste."

I opened the door, expecting it to be entirely empty and be greeted with a fresh smell of paint. So imagine my surprise when I saw what I saw. I was greeted with Valerie's favorite vanilla scented candle's fragrance and sure enough, there were a few placed at one side of the room.