~Chapter 08~

I tightened the jacket around me as a cool breeze blew past us. I was standing beside Shivaay who sported a bored look. Everyone, meaning a few members from each team in the advertising department, were chosen to tag along and help out in the working of the behind the scenes of the television commercial of this campaign.

It had taken us days and days which now transpired into a few weeks to work on each and every aspect of our campaign. After vigorous detailing and planning of each process for hours on long was exhausting. It was such a pain to finally come up with a foolproof plan. I would usually be bummed out by the end of the day but it was nothing a mug of hot coffee couldn't solve.

Currently, we were all witnessing the preparation of the commercial that would be filmed in some time. Basically, everything related to the pre-production was taking place. Ms. Maxwell was standing some distance away from us, barking orders to someone in a walkie talkie handed over to her by one of the production members. Skye was nodding at something the director, David Hastings, a short and stout man, was saying.

I continued looking around with a deep interest. We were all gathered on a secluded road which was strictly for shooting purposes. A section of a few people were watching the stuntman driving in a normal car to test the roads for a few miles before the actual shoot to make it more intricate. And also, to get familiar with every nook of the entire way.

The crew all around was busy positioning its camera and lighting stuff while the production team was putting on the props. They were also setting up fake houses made up of cardboard on both sides of the road.

I was so enamored by the fact that everyone was working in harmony. However it was also not cool to watch a lot of them bickering and yelling for a certain thing not going as planned either.

"Your debonaire CEO was looking here just a second ago. I wonder why?" Shivaay muttered, tapping his chin and bumping his shoulder with mine. "Is it because he likes my turtleneck sweater so much?"

I rolled my eyes and punched him on his stomach lightly. "Stop it already and he's not just "my" CEO." I laughed while glaring at him at the same time.

"Oh, yeah, VVJ. I know that you're just jealous because he didn't look at you. But don't you worry-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I punched him on his stomach again. This time it was a bit harder. I smirked when he howled in pain. "Serves you better."

"Now it's your turn to shut up, you man beater!"

I winked at him and looked ahead. "I thought it was "VVJ", Shivaay," I teased, keeping my chuckles in.

"Exactly. Was. Now, imma call you a "hashtag man beater"," he grumbled.

"You're annoying." I pushed him away, smiling.

He grinned, stumbling a bit. "Proves my point even more."

Shaking my head, my eyes involuntarily move toward Skye. It was at that exact moment, his gaze landed on me as well. The mere eye contact made my heart stutter a bit but soon enough, it started beating so quickly as if it was on a marathon.

Shivaay whistled and walked away but not before pulling a strand of my hair teasingly. I ignored him completely and looked at Skye with a small smile. He returned the gesture and turned back around to make sure everything was in place.

My mind wandered back to the day when we were in the parking lot. A tingly sensation swirled through me when I remembered how he had held my waist tightly. And the moment when, no matter how much ever split second it was, his eyes had drifted toward my lips.

Oh, hush it, you crazy woman! I thought reproachfully and shook away all the thoughts.

When I looked up again, Skye was not standing where he was. Frowning, I roamed my eyes everywhere only to see Ms. Maxwell waving for me to come forward.