~Chapter 48~

When Skye told me that he wanted to show me something, I thought it would be something that he built at his tree house or maybe it was another episode of watching the heavens through his telescope. However, looking through the best of the works in an exhibition was the last out of my expectations list.

"Whoa, are we looking for anything specific?" I asked Skye as we walked hand in hand amongst the interested crowd, all gushing about the paintings, artifacts and other things.

"Do you wanna look for anything specific?" He asked me back, seriously happy for some reason. As I closely stared at him, I saw his eyes gleaming with an unfiltered excitement.

"Yes, I do," I replied without thinking as I stared at him absent-mindedly. He looked so ethereal at that moment with the way his heart warming smile lit up his entire face.

Confusedly, he turned his attention back to me with a raised brow. Slowly and gradually his lips upturned into an amused smirk, making me blink my eyes to come out of the trance.

"I-I mean, I am looking for something specific like… like… those clay toys!" I said, quickly pointing toward a section where all the clay toys were beautifully placed as if they were ready for a photoshoot.

"Sure," he drawled out, holding back his smile and it made me blush because I could feel that he knew I was staring. "Come on, we'll check those out," he said, beckoning me to follow him.

I might have joked when I said that I was looking for them but from up close, they really were eye-catching and meticulously made. "These are so good," I said in awe and could only assume that my expression was like that of a kid with my lips rounded in amazement. My fingers hovered above them because I was too afraid to touch those delicate creations.

"And cute too," he agreed with me as he booped the head of a small clay figurine.

"So true." I laughed and mimicked his actions by booping the head of another figure with a sword in its hand.

"Careful there, he might come at you with his sword," Skye teased me, putting his fist on his mouth to stop his upcoming laughter.

"Shut up."

After a long session, which must have consisted of about hardly fifteen minutes, we finally left the clay toys alone for the others to look at through as well.

Skye took my hand in his and I let myself smile shyly. It was a good thing that he was walking ahead of me and didn't even look -

"Why are you blushing?"

Guess I jinxed it. "Stop looking over your shoulder and walk!" I exclaimed, exasperated. I got some weird stares from people around me so I huffed out a breath.

Skye began laughing at my predicament, squeezing my hand once as his laughs slowly turned into soft chuckles.

"Because you're hot, Val. I can't help but gaze at you all day," he told me with a straight face and I could tell that he was holding himself from laughing out loud again.

"Thank you," I deadpanned, rolling my eyes.

With the biggest grin that momentarily caught me off guard, he pulled me closer to him. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders before murmuring. "I wasn't joking."

My breath got caught in my throat as he continued walking. I like this side of Skye. He's carefree and he's himself. As we were gawking and commenting on some beautiful glass paintings, I discreetly noticed how happy he seemed. It was like he was free from the shackles.

"And here is something that I've been meaning to show you for a long time now," he said after cruising around and admiring different sections of the exhibition.