~Chapter 03~

As I was staring at Sebestian's concentrated face, I understood that he was intentionally not giving away his thoughts because of his poker visage.

The moment I had written down my idea in a book, I decided to make a beeline toward Sebestian's office room. It was a normal sized quarter with a cluttered impression. I had to adjust my vision to get used to such an incognizant mess, especially his disheveled desk.

Crossing my arms behind my back, I rocked back and forth on the balls of my feet. I was sizzling with the fusion of jitters and excitement. I hadn't even realized that I had spaced out until I heard Sebestian speak up. "Valerie, if I'm not wrong?"

"Yes, sir." I smiled politely and he nodded his head, still looking down at my book and the sheets of papers laid out on his desk.

"Now," he began, glancing up at me with a solemn expression. "I'll be honest here, it's a so-so thing," he told me, balancing his hand from left to right and scrunching his lips. "Quite a fantastic idea if you're a scholar in the field but… I don't know if it'll be interpreted correctly by the audience." His apologetic expression made me sigh in disconsolation and my shoulders slumped. "However, this is something decent that I've got so far," he continued, tapping on his desk with his index finger.

My face lightened up in a jiffy and all my downcast hopes were lifted up. "Really?" I asked him just to make sure if I wasn't hearing things.

Sebestian shrugged and smiled at me. "You bet but I'll still have to show this to Ms. Maxwell for her approval regarding this idea's execution. Then if she likes it, it'll be taken forward to the top management meeting. The final card is for them to love this idea. Let's see if it can make 'em smack their lips."

"In short, my idea has a sliver of a chance to make it till the execution part is what you mean, don't you? I mean, you're just making it sound a bit less harsh… right?" I queried, pursing my lips.

I knew that this was going to happen because even if I think my plan to be splendid and unique, it's always less if somebody else has the one that is better than mine. And I guess, this disadvantageous side of working in a big corporation was something that I had somehow overlooked. If I could get the extravagant opportunities then competition would always side with that bar.

"No, that's not what I'd meant. I think it can go ahead and we'll make sure of a few alterations but yes, your idea's my bias. Right now, I just hope that Ms. Maxwell likes it." He stared at my book with a deep look of concentration. "You go ahead," he finally told me.

Taking that as my dismissal, I left his office and weaved my way through different sections of groups discussing something animatedly, to my cubicle.

"Yo, Valey baby!" Chelsea greeted me, slinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, Chelsea." I smiled at her after cleaning my desk.

"Did your guy like the idea?" She asked me, getting up from her chair and stretching out her arms.

"Can't be so sure but I am hoping for the best," I mumbled, showing her my crossed fingers and she nodded. "What about you? Aren't you gonna assert your plan as well?"

"What? No. I'll save myself from the hard work. Thinking is not my thing. I can only think when it comes to designing stuff. That's my forte," she answered, her eyes wandering about. "Anywho, wanna join me for the break. It's just me and my annoying friend, Keith Brown."

"Annoying and a friend?" My voice was laced with amusement. She playfully rolled her eyes but didn't say anything. Furrowing my brows, I traversed my eyes all over the ongoing hotchpotch as well. I could see a few people working while some of them were goofing around with their friends and the remaining ones were having lunch on their desks itself.