~Chapter 23~

"Tell me, how did Skye know where I live?" I questioned without any preamble the moment I reached my group.

It was Sunday and Chelsea wanted us all to go hiking with her since everybody needed a chance to hangout with me. Every nerve of my body inclined me to reject the offer because I was at the point in my life where I felt really low. But I also didn't want them to feel that I was ignoring them.

Chelsea, who looked absolutely exalted, didn't pay any heed to my question and summoned everyone to move ahead. "First walk, then talk," she quipped.

All of us obliged and walked up the small hill. I waited patiently before repeating my question and just as we were a fair distance away from where we'd started, I asked again slowly, "How did Skye know my address?"

I gauged each and everyone's expressions with a calculative look when I noticed Shivaay avoiding my stare.

"Ha! It was you. Right, Shivaay?" I glared at him and walked carefully to not fall face first on the ground.

He opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it shut like a fish. He did this a few times before finally saying something. "I mean… he paid for all my anime shows. I don't have to watch them illegally anymore. Aren't you happy for me, VVJ?" He asked me innocently with a donkey toothy grin.

"Oh, I am," I said sarcastically and he flinched. "He bribed you and you ratted my address out."

"Oh, puh-lease. It's not like you didn't want him to." He showed me his palms, rolling his eyes.

"Didn't want him to what?" Keith piped in.

"I know that VVJ's always secretly wanted Skye to know her address." Shivaay snickered. Emika kicked him in the feet, glaring at him.

"Shut up!" I shrieked, feeling my cheeks burning hot. Keith and Chelsea joined him in the laughing fest while I scowled at them, annoyed. "That's not true, guys!" I stomped my feet but it was no use. They all seemed amused by my actions, including Emika. Traitors.

Sighing and crossing my arms across my chest, I went to walk ahead of them. I knew they'd come to me because it wasn't their intention to upset me. I wasn't even upset though. I was just getting frustrated at the smallest of things.

"Hey, you mad, VVJ?" Shivaay asked me after jogging along to stand beside me.

"Nope. Just… exhausted these days." I sighed again.

"Aww, don't worry, girl. Walk some more and you'll even forget your name, let alone your problems because sitting down would be important by the end of this," Chelsea remarked, grinning at me widely. 

She must have noticed the horror on our faces because she started giggling and trudged in front of us, leaving us all behind. And just like that, we continued hiking on the uneven grounds for about an hour.

Soon all that early morning exercise was draining the energy out of me. "I am tired," I mumbled, placing my head on Chelsea's shoulder.

"Let's take a break then, come on," she said, taking the lead before patting my head. She stopped after a few minutes of walking around mindlessly. "Here." She grinned.

I looked around me to see that the spot where we had stopped was pretty normal except for the cliff in front of me. I walked a bit closer to it and peered down to see a beautiful greenish blue lake. The dive from the cliff inside the lake wasn't much but I still took a precautionary step back.

"Whoa sexy!" Shivaay exclaimed, gazing down at the beauty below us.

I chuckled at his mesmerized expression and went back to Chelsea, Keith and Emika. I blew out a contentful sigh as soon as I sat down. After a major walking session, sitting cross legged was soothing to my limbs.