Rough Times

Shaking. Shaking is all I feel. I open my eyes to see the inside of an ambulance. Then it hits me. I remember it all. Every bad thing that has happened to me tonight. I go out to meet up with a friend who doesn't show and I get attacked.

"Hey your awake" the parametric said as he goes to asses my injuries more. "No, no, don't touch me" I shout as I try to get as far away form him as I can. "Ok, ok, we can handle this at the hospital."

Within minutes we are at the hospital and I am taken to a trams room. Three doctors and two nurses try to touch me but I just scream at them and try to get away. Then I hear some people in the hallway. "I was paged" a familiar voice said. "Yes, we know you don't normally deal with these type of cases but-" the nurse was cut of by the man "your right" he said. "Well, we thought you would be the best to handle this" she said. "Why, this isn't my area" the doctor said. "It isn't the case for why we paged you, but the patent" the nurse said. "Who is it" he said and he grabbed the chart from the nurse "shit" he exclaimed and rushed into the room.

"Ashley" Carlisle said. All I could do is nod. "Can you tell me what happened" he asked me as he sat next to me. All I could do is shake my head no as I cried more. "She was attacked" Alice replied as she rushed into the room. "I'm so sorry, I didn't get a vision all I saw was you get loaded in the ambulance when Jasper and I where out" she said as she approached me. She reached out to grab my hand, slowly grabbing it and for the first time tonight I didn't push away. I leaned into her for confer.

"Ok, Ashley is it ok if I do some tests on you now" Carlisle asked. All I did was nod yes, and he did the tests. He came in an hours later. "Ashley..." he starts as he sits next to me. "Did you know you were pregnant" he asked. I shook my head no as I start to tear up again. I pull my hand to my stomach and rest it there. "Is it ok if we do an ultrasound to check and make sure the baby is ok". I nod yes.

He checked and made sure everything was good. And it was. "Don't tell my dad" I said, talking quietly for the first time in a while. "Ok" Carlisle said. We sat there and he grabbed my hand comfortingly. "Kiddo I gotta go, but if you need anything call me ok" he said. I nodded my head yes. He kissed my head in a fatherly manner and left. My father came in ten minutes later and took me home. I went strait to my room and locked the door.

That is where I stayed for a month avoiding people, only leaving when she has to. I spent time thinking of what I was going to do about the baby. The father is my best friends boyfriend. I'm a stupid teenager that is for sure. But I'm only 15, will be 16 in less than a month. Then on the third week of February duty calls.

I got the news that the boys of the tribe have started shifting. See this is important to me because I am the tribes only protected right now. I have powers that I use; I have telekinesis, mental manipulation- where I can intrude someone's mind and see all of it or make them see or imagine things, I can control water and using water I can heal people, I can read minds at will, I have enhanced senses, enhanced speed, enhanced strength and I am suppose to have a mind like with the pack of wolves if there is one, and to my luck there is one. Old Quill and Henry Clearwater have been looking for Sam Uley (who just so happens to be my baby daddy) because he shifted and has been missing for two weeks now.

"Ash, I know that you don't want to, but you need to come out and fulfill your duties to your tribe and your pack" dad said through my door. I quickly get up and put on clean clothes. I open my door and walk past dad who was now in the living room with Jake. I ignore their looks and head out.

I walk through the woods till I find Henry and Old Quill. "Have you found him yet" I ask the two men. They shake their heads no. "But we are close" Harry said. "Ok" I said. I walk forward for a little while till I hear a snapping of branches to my right. I turn and standing there is a six foot tall black wolf. Sam's wolf.

I slowly get the attention of Henry and old Quill. They watch me as I do my thing. I look Sam's wolf in the eyes before I do anything and I new immediately that he imprinted. I shake my head slightly to get rid of that thought.

I slowly raise my hands in front of me. "I know that it hurts. I know it feels endless." I start singing as I slowly walk towards him. "I know how it goes. I know you think you can't take this." I sing quietly as I am a few feet from him. I reach my hand towards him. "I know you feel lost" I sang him as I start to pet his head. He wined a little and leans into it. "Like no one can find you. Your a puzzle in pieces. That I'm trying to fix." I sang still petting his head.

I slowly back away. I go till there is a few feet in between us. Then I turn and start to walk. I then stop after a few paces. "I hate to admit it." I sang and slowly turn towards him. "But I feel the same way." As I finish turning I raise my hand using my telekinesis to lift two big items, one on each side of me. I mindlessly make them turn and then lowered them. 'I need you to trust me ok' I thought to him. 'Ok' he thought back as he nodded his head. "I need you to think about being human, about the things you love being human for and about" I said out loud and he nodded. The next thing I know is there is a naked Sam in front of me. I handed him his shorts and he took them.

I turned to a speechless Henry and old Quill. "Are you ok" they asked Sam and he nodded. I just started to walk away with no response. I hear footsteps follow me. Then a hand grabs my wrist turning me to them. I came face to face with Sam. "Hey are you ok" he asked immediately. I pulled at my arm trying to get out of his grip I started panicking my mind going back to the attack. I took deep breaths trying to calm down. "Hey" he whispered putting a finger under my chin lifting it up. He wiped the tear that escaped from my eye. I shook my head no answering his question.

Sam pulled me to a hug and we stood there as we heard Henry and old Quill leave. I pull out of the hug and left to my house and locked myself into my room ignoring the world once again.