Two Baby Girls

"Well.." Sam said. "You can tell me baby" I said. "It's about Clary" he said. "What about her" I asked. "Quil... he um..." he began but I cut him off. "Imprinted on Clary" I said. "Yeah" he replied and nodded.

"Ok" I sighed. "I'm gonna have to call Emily" I continued. "Wouldn't you call Clary's mom" Sam asked. "No, she died two months ago, breast cancer. I was given custody of her, but I let her stay with Emily in their reservation. It is the only home she ever knew" I said hugging Sam.

"Did we just go from being parents of one kid to two in fifteen minutes" he asked me. "Yeah, we did" I giggled. I turned in his arms and finished making food while he held me.

"Clary, Lili. Come here please" I said as I got them plates. They ran in and grabbed their food. "Boys" I shouted and everyone but Seth and Quil came in. I walked out to the dining room and found them with their imprints in their laps. "Do you two want me to get you a plate" I asked giggling. "Pleas" they replied in unison.

I returned after getting them their plates. I set the plates down in front of them and they responded with a thanks. I was pulled down to Sam's lap. "We will need to talk to the girls soon" I whispered in his ear. "Ok" Sam replied.

After breakfast I told the boys and Leah to make themselves scarce. "Clary, Lili can we talk to you" I asked from the living room. They came running in and sat on the floor in front of us.

"Clary, when your momma passed away she left you in my care. I think it is time that you come to live with us. I talked to aunt Emily and she said that it was up to us to decide. What do you think" I spoke to them softly. "Does this mean you are my mommy and daddy" she asked. "Only if that is what you want us to be sweetie" Sam said. "You be my sister, please" Lili asked. Clary nodded. "Momma, daddy" she yelled running into our arms. With Lili following behind her. Sam and I laughed while we hugged them back.

Within the hour the boys slowly started returning. The girls were in the living room playing with their imprints. Lili came up to me while dragging Clary with her. "Momma, can you sing us the song you wrote for Clary and I" Lili asked. "Yeah, momma please" Clary asked giving me puppy dog eyes. "Yeah, of course my babies" I said as I was down at the same level as them.

"I'm up with the sunshine. I lace up my high tops. Slam dunk, ready or not. Yeah, show me what you got." I started singing and the girls instantly started dancing around. "I'm under the spotlight. I dare you, come on and follow. You dance to your own beat. I'll sing the melody." I sang as Quil and Seth stood up smiling.

"When you say yeah, I say no. When you say stop. All I wanna do is go, go, go! You, The other half of me. The half I'll never be. The half that drives me crazy." I sang to the girls giggling as they staged their imprinters into dancing with them. "You, The better half of me. The half I'll always need. But we both know. We're better in stereo."I sang standing back up. Then arms wrapped around my waist as I continued.

"Oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh. And when we're together. A sweet harmony, oh so rare. If we could just agree. We would go major league." I sang and spun around in Sam's arms. "When you say yeah, I say no." I sang while playing with his hair. "When you say stop. All I wanna do is go, go, go! You, The other half of me. The half I'll never be. The half that drives me crazy."I sang as the girls came over and tackled Sam and I to get us to dance with them. We picked them up and swayed as I continued.

"You, The better half of me. The half I'll always need. But we both know, We're better in stereo. You say it's wrong, I say it's right." I sang as the girls wiggles out of our grasp. They stood there holding hands and we started giggling. "You say it's black, I say it's white. You take a left, and I take right. But at the end of the day, we both know, We're better in stereo. You, The other half of me. The half I'll never be. The half that drives me crazy." I sang as Lili spun Clary around as they laughed like fools. "You, The better half of me. The half I'll always need, yeah. We both know. We're better in stereo. Oh-oh-oh. Better in stereo. Oh-oh-oh. Better in stereo. Oh-oh-oh. Better in stereo. Oh-oh-oh. Better in stereo" I finished and the girls stood there in a hug.

I felt an arm go back around my waist as I was pulled back into Sam. I curled into his side as I watched the girls. "I think we got ourselves lucky with these two" he said as the girls jumped onto their imprinters. "Yeah, we did" I said back to him.

"Hey, is there food" Jake yelled as he walked in the door. "There is some frozen muffins from the last batch in the freezer, pop some in the microwave" I told him. He ran to the kitchen.

After lunch the boys left giving us some family time. "Hey what do you girls wanna watch" I asked grabbing the TV remote. "Moana" they shouted at the same time. I turned on Moana and they watched and sang along. I started prepping dinner and putting it in the oven because it would take a couple hours to make.

Sam came into the kitchen and leaned on the counter. "Hey baby" I said wrapping my arms around his neck. "Hey" he said kissing me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I looked at him and could tell something is bothering him. "Are you ok baby" I asked and he nodded. "Hey, what's going on in that brain of yours" I asked him while playing with his hair.

"What happened last night and this morning when we tried to get Quil to phase back. What were the flashbacks he was having about? And the nickname" he asked and I sighed resting my head on his shoulder. "Baby" he asked. I pulled my head back and sighed again.

"When I first found out about my powers everything was ok. Then after a while I felt different, like a freak, and I got depressed. Quil saw the signs before anyone else and he helped me." I began. "Then a few years later he got bad and I returned the favor. Hell half of the time I acted like a mother after I got him out of it. He literally forced his way into my room after the attack, not wanting me to be alone knowing how I could get when depressed" I told him and he sighed pulling me closer. "If you ever feel like that again tell me, ok baby?" He said/asked and I nodded "ok" I replied

We stood there till we heard the pitter patter of feet and our girls ran in the room. "Momma, can I show Clary" she asked and I looked at her. "Show her what" I asked turning in Sam's arms to look at them. "My, you know" she said. Her powers, I realized. I looked to Sam and mouthed 'powers'. He shrugged. "Sure baby, just be careful" I said and they ran to the table. I giggled and rested my head on Sam's shoulder looking over to the girls at the table. "How did we get so lucky" I asked. "I think it may have something to do with no protection" Sam said and I giggled hitting his chest.

"What would you say to having another one sometime in the near future" I asked. "Are you trying to tell me something with that question" he asked. "No, I just want to have another baby. Maybe even try for a boy" I said pulling my head off of his shoulder, looking him in the eyes. "I'd like that" he said kissing me. "Glad you think so" I replied. We stood there holding each other happily. We listened to our girls as Lili started to show Clary her powers. "Woah" Clary said with excitement and Sam and I laughed.